- The report contains detailed information about First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for First Interstate Bancsystem Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. business.
About First Interstate Bancsystem Inc.
First Interstate BancSystem, Inc. operates as a financial and bank holding company. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides banking services to individuals, businesses, municipalities, and other entities. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 72 banking offices in 42 Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota communities.
Community banking encompasses commercial and consumer banking services provided through the company, primarily the acceptance of deposits; extensions of credit; mortgage loan origination and servicing; and trust, employee benefit, investment, and insurance services.
Lending Activities: The company offers short and long-term real estate, consumer, commercial, agricultural, and other loans to individuals and businesses.
Deposit Products: The company offers depository products, including checking, savings, and time deposits. It also offers repurchase agreements to commercial and municipal depositors.
Wealth Management: The company provides trust, employee benefit, investment management, insurance, agency, and custodial services to individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. Its services include the administration of estates and personal trusts; management of investment accounts for individuals, employee benefit plans and charitable foundations; and insurance planning.
Centralized Services: Under centralized operational activities, the company provides products and services, including marketing; credit review; credit cards; mortgage loan sales and servicing; indirect consumer loan purchasing and processing; loan collections; and other operational activities. It provides services, including credit administration, finance, accounting, human resource management, internal audit, and other support services.
The companys loan portfolio consists of a mix of real estate, consumer, commercial, agricultural, and other loans, including fixed and variable rate loans.
Real Estate Loans: The company provides interim construction and permanent financing for single-family and multi-unit properties; medium-term loans for commercial, agricultural, and industrial property; and/or buildings and equity lines of credit secured by real estate. Residential real estate loans are sold in the secondary market. Those residential real estate loans not sold are secured by first liens on the financed property.
Consumer Loans: The companys consumer loans include direct personal loans, credit card loans and lines of credit; and indirect loans created when it purchases consumer loan contracts advanced for the purchase of automobiles, boats, and other consumer goods from consumer product dealers. Personal loans and indirect dealer loans are secured by automobiles, boats, and other types of personal property and are made on an installment basis. Credit cards are offered to individual and business customers in its market areas. Lines of credit are floating rate loans that are unsecured or secured by personal property.
Commercial Loans: The company provides variable and fixed rate commercial loans. The loans are made to small and medium-sized manufacturing, wholesale, retail, and service businesses for working capital needs and business expansions. Commercial loans include lines of credit and loans with maturities of five years or less. The loans are made with business operations as the source of repayment, but also include collateralization by inventory, accounts receivable, equipment, and/or personal guarantees.
Agricultural Loans: The company offers agricultural loans, including short and medium-term loans and lines of credit that are used for crops, livestock, equipment, and general operations. Agricultural loans are secured by assets, such as livestock or equipment.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included obligations of U.S. government agencies; residential mortgage-backed securities; and private mortgage-backed securities.
First Interstate BancSystem, Inc. was incorporated in 1971.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRST INTERSTATE BANCSYSTEM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Major Shareholders
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. History
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Offices and Representations
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
First Interstate Bancsystem Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?