- The report contains detailed information about Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. business.
About Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc.
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for East Boston Savings Bank, which offers financial services to consumers and businesses in Essex, Middlesex, and Suffolk Counties, Massachusetts.
The company operates from 13 full-service locations and 1 loan center in the greater Boston metropolitan area. It attracts deposits from the general public and uses those funds to originate one- to four-family real estate, multi-family and commercial real estate, construction, commercial business, and consumer loans. It also offers non-deposit financial products through a third-party network arrangement.
Commercial and Multi-Family Real Estate Loans: The company offers fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgage loans secured by commercial real estate and multi-family real estate. It targets new individual commercial and multi-family real estate loan originations to small- and mid-size owner occupants and investors in its market area. The companys commercial real estate and multi-family real estate loans are generally secured by apartment buildings and properties used for business purposes, such as office buildings, industrial facilities, and retail facilities.
One- to Four-Family Residential Loans: The companys mortgage loans enable borrowers to purchase or refinance existing homes. It generally offers fixed-rate loans with terms of approximately 30 years and adjustable-rate loans with terms of approximately 40 years. The company also offers loans secured by one- to four-family properties that are not owner-occupied (investment loans). These loans consist primarily of bi-weekly fixed-rate loans with terms up to 30 years and adjustable-rate loans which adjust annually after an initial fixed period of three years or adjust every three years after an initial fixed period of five years.
Construction Loans: The company offers construction loans for commercial development projects, including apartment buildings, small industrial buildings, and retail and office buildings. It also originates adjustable and bi-weekly loans to individuals and to builders to finance the construction of residential dwellings. It also originates construction and site development loans to contractors and builders to finance the construction of single-family homes and subdivisions. Residential real estate construction loans include single-family tract construction loans for the construction of entry level residential homes.
Home Equity Lines of Credit: The company offers home equity lines of credit, which are secured by owner-occupied one- to four-family residences.
Commercial Business Loans: The company offers commercial business loans primarily in its market area to various professionals, sole proprietorships, and small businesses. Commercial lending products include term loans and revolving lines of credit. Commercial loans and lines of credit are made with either variable or fixed rates of interest.
Consumer Loans: The company offers fixed-rate second mortgage loans, automobile loans, loans secured by passbook or certificate accounts, and overdraft loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio consisted primarily of corporate bonds, investment-grade marketable equity securities, money market mutual fund investments, short-term obligations of government-sponsored enterprises, and mortgage-backed securities.
The company offers a selection of deposit instruments, including non-interest-bearing demand deposits (such as checking accounts), interest-bearing demand accounts (such as NOW and money market accounts), savings accounts and certificates of deposit. In addition to accounts for individuals, it also offers various commercial checking accounts designed for the businesses operating in its market area.
The company offers customers a range of non-deposit products, including mutual funds, annuities, stocks, and bonds which are offered and cleared by a third-party broker-dealer. It also offers customers long-term care insurance through a third-party insurance company.
The company owns 40% capital stock of Hampshire First Bank, a New Hampshire chartered bank. Hampshire First Banks loan portfolio consists primarily of multi-family and commercial real estate, commercial business, and construction loans.
The companys subsidiaries also include Prospect, Inc., which engages in securities transactions on its own behalf; EBOSCO, LLC and Berkeley Riverbend Estates, LLC, both of which hold foreclosed real estate; and East Boston Investment Services Inc., which is authorized for third-party investment sales.
In January 2010, the company acquired Mt. Washington Cooperative Bank, a Massachusetts-chartered mutual bank.
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1848.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MERIDIAN INTERSTATE BANCORP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Major Shareholders
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. History
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Offices and Representations
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Meridian Interstate Bancorp, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?