[email protected] +44 20 8123 2220 (UK) +1 732 587 5005 (US) Contact Us | FAQ |

Chinese Health Food Market Analysed by ResearchInChina in In-demand Report Published at MarketPublishers.com

16 Oct 2014 • by Natalie Aster

LONDON – With China’s economy keeping on following an explosive growth path, health foods have been gaining more and more popularity among the local population. The market size of China’s health food industry grew at a CAGR of just over 22% during 2006-2013 to be estimated at around USD 30.6 billion by the end of the period, up 12% YoY. The national health product industry consists of a lot of extremely scattered and simultaneously developing segments, such as functional food, vitamin and dietary supplements, and conventional products, of which vitamin and dietary supplements generated nearly USD 13.7 billion in retail sales as of 2013, comprising around 59.5% of the entire industry.

In terms of competition, Perfect, Amway and other overseas brands still account for 74% in the vitamin and dietary supplements segment whilst the remaining share (26%) is captured by the non-direct-selling firms such as BY-HEALTH. With regard to the functional health food segment, Jing brand, Red Bull and Besunyen took the dominant positions in health care wine, functional drinks and slimming tea product categories, respectively. Furthermore, in the conventional health foods domain, there are manifold small and medium -sized herb nourishing food manufacturers, amongst which the typical ones are Wanji, Joincare, and Shandong Dong-e E-Jiao Group.

In-demand report “China Health Food Industry Report, 2014-2017” drawn up by ResearchInChina provides a comprehensive guide to the Chinese health food sector.

The study gives a detailed overview of the actual state of the national health food industry, presenting insights into the historical background, regulations and policies, market size, import and export situation, distribution channels and prevailing trends, etc. It examines the main health food market segments – vitamin and dietary supplements, functional health foods and traditional health food products; covering market size, competitive landscape and trends for each. Additionally, an in-depth review of the competitive landscape including a discussion of 24 domestic and foreign manufacturers is provided, with deep coverage of their profile, financials, output and sales volume, key customers, featured products, R&D activity, distribution of manufacturing bases, technical performance, among others.

Report Details:

China Health Food Industry Report, 2014-2017
Published: September, 2014
Pages: 120
Price: US$ 2,300.00

More in-demand studies by the publisher can be found at ResearchInChina page.


The Market Publishers, Ltd.
Natalie Aster
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970
[email protected] 


Analytics & News

Weekly Digest