Global Smartphone Market Trends Discussed in New Report Published at MarketPublishers.com19 Jan 2012 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – User friendly platform and evolving user behavior pattern are responsible for the exponential growth of the global smartphone market, which will keep on outpacing the overall handset market for the foreseeable future. Smartphone sales now account for 17% of all global mobile handset sales, and are expected to rise from 472 million in 2011 to 1 billion by 2016.
Android operating platform leads the market with 47% market share beating Apple's who has 29%. However 57% mobile operating profits are in Apple's basket. The user behavior pattern has also experienced a major shift from voice to data centric in last year and sleek design of handset.
New market research report “Smartphones: New User Paradigms and Behaviors” developed by Mind Commerce Publishing offers a comprehensive guide to the global smartphone market and features:
- top smartphones and innovations in 2011;
- smartphone user behavior pattern evolution;
- top smartphone functions for end-users;
- relationship between mobile growth and smartphone user behaviors;
- leading demographics (by gender/race/nationality) for usage;
- new dynamics of smartphone user behavior;
- impact of mobile marketing;
- relationship of applications market to smartphone user behavior;
- smartphone business models;
- actions that stakeholders should take for optimal success in smartphone marketplace.
Smartphones: New User Paradigms and Behaviors
Published: January, 2012
Price: US$ 1.995,00
More new market research reports by the publisher can be found at Mind Commerce Publishing page.