- The report contains detailed information about Webzen Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Webzen Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Webzen Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Webzen Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Webzen Inc. business.
About Webzen Inc.
Webzen Inc. engages in the development and distribution of online games principally in the Republic of Korea and other Asian countries.
Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN)
The companys game Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN) is a three-dimensional massive multi-player online role playing game (MMORPG) provided in Korea, Taiwan, China, and Japan, and the United States.
Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN) is a game in which the players experience an epic medieval tale in a world of emperors, armies, magicians and monsters set to an original soundtrack. Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN) features a game graphics environment. The companys programmers have developed game engines that enable fluid movement and console-level control of the game characters. Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN) can be accessed from any location with a high-bandwidth Internet connection. Registered subscribers may enter its network with a password and a user ID, after downloading its game client software. Players can individually play the game, but they can also form a group using various communication methods to wage a large-scale battle, known as siege warfare.
The company commenced the commercial service of Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN) in Korea, Taiwan, China, and Japan. In the markets in which it provides commercial service of Soul of Ultimate Nation (SUN), it provides the basic service of the game for free. End-users pay the company when they buy at its in-game item shops various items for their characters, such as armor, weapons, and potions, and the right to change the world or stage in which the end-user plays.
MU is a MMORPG, which is provided in Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Vietnam. MU players select a specific character with which they develop experience and enhanced game capabilities that can be carried over into sequential gaming sessions. Players are able to communicate with each other during the game through instant messaging and may coordinate their activities with other players to form groups, thereby coordinating their game skills to achieve collective objectives. Players using MU Blue play on a separate server from players using MU Red, the subscription service.
In addition to the games that the company developed internally, it distributes games developed by NHN Games Co., Ltd. (NHN Games). It offers Archlord both in Korea and globally. Archlord is a fantasy MMORPG, in which players target to become the archlord with unlimited powers and special skills. The company also intends to distribute R2, a fantasy MMORPG. R2 allows player versus player conflict, where player can actually be killed by another player. Battle Territory (Battery) is a modern military massively multiplayer online first person shooter game, emphasizing military theme, delivering realistic fight scenes in a military combat environment. The company entered into a publishing agreement with NHN Games to publish Battery.
Products under Development
Huxley is a massively-multiplayer online first person shooting game. Users would be able to play a Doom-style first person shooting game with approximately 5,000 other players simultaneously and battle against opposing races. The company began offering Huxley on a trial basis in May 2010.
T-Project is being developed by Red 5 Studios and is planned to have a closed beta testing in 2010 and an open beta testing in 2011.
Parfait Station is a massively-multiplayer online shooting game targeting younger age groups and female players. In April 2009, the company entered into a service agreement with NHN Games under which NHN Games would be responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of Parfait Station until five years after the commercial launch of the game.
Korea: The companys primary subscription-based online game competitors in the Korean market include NCsoft, Neowiz, Nexon, NHN, CJ Internet, Hanbit Soft, and Blizzard Entertainment.
China: The companys primary online game competitors in China include Shandas Yong Heng Zhi Ta (Aion developed by NCsoft), Neteases World of WarCraft, Tencents Dungeon and Fighter and Cross Fire, 9yous Audition, Giants Zheng Tu and Giant Online, and Wanmeis Perfect World.
Japan: The companys primary online game competitors in Japan are GungHos Ragnarok, NCsoft Japans Lineage II, Square Enixs Final Fantasy Online, YNK Japans ROHAN, and Game Ons RED STONE.
North America and Western Europe: The companys primary online game competitors in the North America and western Europe include Blizzard Entertainments World of Warcraft, Mythic Entertainments Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima Online, Sony Online Entertainments PlanetSide, Turbines Lord of the Rings Online, and Eidos Age of Conan.
The company also competes against PC-based game developers producing PC-packaged games, including Electronic Arts, Take Two Interactive Software, Activision, THQ, and Midway Games, Inc.; and against game console manufacturers, such as Microsoft (which produces Xbox), Sony, (which produces Playstation), and Nintendo (which produces Wii).
Webzen Inc. was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WEBZEN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WEBZEN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WEBZEN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WEBZEN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WEBZEN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Webzen Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Webzen Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Webzen Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Webzen Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Webzen Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WEBZEN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WEBZEN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WEBZEN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WEBZEN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WEBZEN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WEBZEN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Webzen Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Webzen Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Webzen Inc. Major Shareholders
Webzen Inc. History
Webzen Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Webzen Inc. Offices and Representations
Webzen Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Webzen Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Webzen Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Webzen Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Webzen Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Webzen Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Webzen Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Webzen Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Webzen Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Webzen Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Webzen Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Webzen Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?