- The report contains detailed information about The9 Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The9 Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The9 Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The9 Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The9 Limited business.
About The9 Limited
The9 Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development and operation of online games, and Internet, and Web site related businesses in the Peoples Republic of China.
Products and Services
The company offers online games, including massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPGs) and its self-developed online community game, the9 City, which it offers in cooperation with Shanghai The9 Information Technology Co., Ltd. (Shanghai IT). In addition to MMORPGs, the company has licensed or developed casual games, which emphasize play in a single sitting. It also offers other products and services.
The company relies on its relationships with game licensors, such as EA Swiss Sàrl, Webzen, Inc., G10 Entertainment Corp., Hanbitsoft Inc., Ndoors Corporation, and USERJOY Technology Co., Ltd. It has license agreement with Webzen, Inc. to operate Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN).
MMORPGs: In a typical MMORPG, various players play in the same game world at the same time. MMORPG players can select a specific character to compete with in the game with which they develop experience and increase game attributes, which can be carried over into the next higher game levels. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned or had licenses to operate the following MMORPGs in China: SUN, a 3D MMORPG; GE, a 3D MMORPG; Atlantica, a 3D MMORPG; World of Fighter, a 2D MMORPG; Miracles: Ultimate X, a 3D MMORPG; Kingdom Heroes 2 Online, a 3D MMORPG; and ShenXianZhuan, a 2.5D MMORPG.
Casual Games: Casual games are online games targeted at a mass audience of casual gamers, such as sports games or dancing games. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned or had licenses to operate the following casual games in China: JiuZhouZhanJi, a Web game; EA Sports FIFA Online 2, a casual soccer game; Audition 2, a casual dancing game; Tiny Tribe, a 3D casual game; and Monster of War, a 3D casual game.
Other Products and Services: The companys other products and services mainly consist of its online virtual community named the9 City, its game operating support, Web site solutions and advertisement services, SMS service, Internet protocol television services (IPTV) services, and licensing of its proprietary games to third parties.
Game Operating Support, Website Solutions, and Advertisement Services: The companys game operating support, Web site solutions, and advertisement services primarily relate to providing game operating support, including payment collection and processing and other online game related technical support.
SMS: The company offers different SMS products and subscription packages that enable its users to transmit and receive SMS messages, receive password protection, and other value-added services.
IPTV Services: The company also contracts with a Chinese mobile carrier for development and maintenance of games operated on IPTV.
Licensing of Proprietary Games: In May 2009, the company entered in to a license agreement for World of Fighter, which entitles a game operator in Malaysia the right to operate the game in Taiwan. The company licensed World of Fighter to a game operator in Hong Kong in May 2009, giving it the right to operate the game in Hong Kong and Macau. In addition, the company licensed the game to game operators in South Korea in December 2009 and in Vietnam in March 2010.
The company sells its in-game items and game playing time primarily through sales of its online game points to end users via Beijing HuiyuanNet Technology Co., Ltd., a national online distributor. Beijing HuiyuanNet Technology Co., Ltd. sells its prepaid cards to approximately 20,000 local distributors and Internet cafes throughout China, which in turn sell them to end users.
The company's competitors include Shanda Games Limited; Netease.com, Inc.; Perfect World Co., Ltd.; Tencent Inc.; Changyou.com Limited; and Giant Interactive Group.
The company was founded in 1999. It was formerly known as GameNow.net Limited and changed its name to The9 Limited in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE9 LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE9 LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE9 LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE9 LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE9 LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The9 Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The9 Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The9 Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The9 Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The9 Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. THE9 LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE9 LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE9 LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE9 LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE9 LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE9 LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The9 Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The9 Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The9 Limited Major Shareholders
The9 Limited History
The9 Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The9 Limited Offices and Representations
The9 Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The9 Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The9 Limited Capital Market Snapshot
The9 Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
The9 Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The9 Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The9 Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The9 Limited 1-year Stock Charts
The9 Limited 5-year Stock Charts
The9 Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The9 Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The9 Limited Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?