- The report contains detailed information about Vital Images Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vital Images Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vital Images Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vital Images Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vital Images Inc. business.
About Vital Images Inc.
Vital Images, Inc. provides visualization and image analysis solutions for medical professionals in clinical analysis and therapy planning for medical conditions. The company provides software, customer education, software maintenance and support, professional services and, on occasion, third-party hardware to its customers.
The companys software is compatible with equipment from all major manufacturers of diagnostic imaging equipment, such as computed tomography (CT) scanners, and can be integrated into picture archive and communication systems (PACS). Many hospitals use PACS to acquire, distribute and archive medical images and diagnostic reports, reducing the need for film and increasing reliance on visualization solutions. The company also offers a Web-based solution that provides physicians with anywhere, anytime access to medical images and visualization tools through any Internet-enabled computer.
Products and Services
The companys software solutions are used with medical diagnostic equipment, primarily in clinical analysis and therapy planning. Its software applies proprietary technologies to various data supplied by CT scanners to allow medical clinicians to create 2D, 3D and 4D views of human anatomy and to non-invasively navigate with in these images to visualize and understand internal structures and pathologies. The companys main customers are hospitals and clinics, university medical schools and diagnostic imaging centers.
The companys products initially were used by radiologists on workstations to interpret data generated by scanning equipment. Its main product for this type of use was and remains Vitrea. The companys enterprise offering is called Vitrea Enterprise Suite, which combines all of its proprietary advanced visualization tools into one offering, and may include its proprietary back-end data management software, Vital Image Management System. Vitrea Enterprise Suite can be used by medical professional that practices with its customers enterprise. Both its enterprise and workstation products also serve as an integration platform for applications offered by its visualization technology partners.
The companys products work with equipment from all major manufacturers of diagnostic imaging systems, including Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation (Toshiba), GE Healthcare (GE), Siemens Medical Systems, Inc. (Siemens) and Philips Medical Systems (Philips). The companys products may also be integrated into PACS, such as those marketed by McKesson Corporation (McKesson) and Sectra AB (Sectra), and run on off-the-shelf third-party computer hardware.
In addition to software products and installation services, the company provides maintenance and support services, as well as certain other services, such as professional consulting services and customer education. It offers maintenance and support services for its software solutions pursuant to which it provides error correction, software enhancements, updates and upgrades, telephone support and other general support services. The company provides customer education services for its customers, both in connection with their acquisition of its software and as independent purchases. The company conducts customer education programs for its software at its headquarters in Minnetonka, Minnesota, at customers locations and at various designated locations through the United States.
The company also has signed reseller distribution agreements that allow it to distribute products from certain third parties. These third-party products include MeVis Medical Solutions Inc.s ImageChecker CT software applications for the detection of lung nodules; Mirada Solutions Ltd.s Fusion 7D software application for the anatomical alignment of two different image data sets from two different types of diagnostic equipment, such as combining images from CT and PET scanners; Merge Healthcare Incorporateds CADstream breast MRI software; and Medis Inc.s QMass MR software.
The company markets its products to radiologists, surgeons, primary care physicians, and medical researchers. It markets products directly to end-user customers and through business partners, including diagnostic imaging equipment manufacturers, PACS companies, and software developers.
The company's primary competitors include GE, Siemens, and Philips. It also competes with suppliers of medical imaging systems and software, such as TeraRecon, Inc.
On April 13, 2010, Vital Images, Inc. announced that it is collaborating with Arkansas Children's Hospital of Little Rock, Ark., to develop a Vitrea pediatric cardiac application. The software is an advanced visualization tool designed specifically to meet the cardiac features and patient care requirements presented by pediatric patients.
Vital Images, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VITAL IMAGES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VITAL IMAGES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VITAL IMAGES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VITAL IMAGES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VITAL IMAGES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vital Images Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vital Images Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vital Images Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vital Images Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vital Images Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VITAL IMAGES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VITAL IMAGES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VITAL IMAGES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VITAL IMAGES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VITAL IMAGES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VITAL IMAGES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vital Images Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vital Images Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vital Images Inc. Major Shareholders
Vital Images Inc. History
Vital Images Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vital Images Inc. Offices and Representations
Vital Images Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vital Images Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vital Images Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Vital Images Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Vital Images Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vital Images Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vital Images Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vital Images Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Vital Images Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Vital Images Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vital Images Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vital Images Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?