- The report contains detailed information about Versant Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Versant Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Versant Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Versant Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Versant Corp. business.
About Versant Corp.
Versant Corporation engages in the design, development, marketing, and support of object-oriented database management system products to address data management and data integration problems. The company also provides related product support, training, and consulting services to assist users in developing and deploying software applications based on its products.
Products and Services
The companys Versant Object Database product is used primarily by enterprises, such as technology providers, telecommunications carriers, government defense agencies, defense contractors, healthcare companies, and companies in the financial services and transportation industries. Its FastObjects solution addresses the data management needs of smaller systems. The companys solutions are used to solve data management issues, such as fraud detection, risk analysis, yield management, and other problems that require an application specific data management solution.
In addition to its product offerings, to assist users in their development and deployment of applications based on the Versant Object Database, FastObjects and db4o, the company offers various related services, including consulting, training, and technical support services. It also provides customers with maintenance and support services with respect to its products.
Versant Object Database (VOD)
Versant Object Database, a seventh generation object database management system, is designed to support multi-user, commercial applications in distributed computing environments. VOD enables users to store, manage, and distribute information that often cannot be administered through traditional database technologies, including types of information, such :as real-time data, graphics, images, video, audio, and unstructured text; dynamic, graph-oriented data, such as network management data and financial instruments; and meta-data, data aiding integration of diverse systems.
VOD is designed to integrate approximately 65,000 databases connected to various locations on various hardware and software platforms. Each database has a theoretical storage capacity of approximately 4.6 million terabytes. VOD implements various database features, including two-phase commitment for distributed transaction integrity and database triggers to monitor changing events and data, and to notify users and applications when specified events occur. In addition, on-line management utilities enable routine maintenance to be performed while the database is running. These include utilities to perform backup operations, manage log files, evolve database schema, add, delete, and compress volumes on disk storage and related functions. These utilities provide various levels of administrative access and application security.
Version 8.0 of VOD includes the companys core object database management system, C++, and Java language interfaces (proprietary JVI and standards-based JDO), and XML for import and export of data into the database. As part of the VOD family of solutions, the company also offers a range of add-on options that a customer can use in situations requiring capabilities, including Versant FTS, Versant Management Center, Versant Asynch Replication, Versant Compact, Versant SQL, and Versant HA Backup.
Versant FTS (Fault Tolerant Server) provides operations in mission-critical environments. This product provides transparent failure recovery by connecting database clients to synchronized copies of the database stored on physically separate computers.
Versant Management Center is an add-on tool for the monitoring of Versant Object Databases, following the standard managing console/remote agent paradigm. The remote agent resides on the Versant server system, and the managing console is a graphical interface running on a Versant client system to display the ongoing activity of the monitored database.
Versant Asynch Replication supports both master-slave and peer-to-peer asynchronous replication between multiple object servers.
Versant Compact allows the online compaction of production database data volumes for special categories of applications that are performing heavy data deletion
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VERSANT CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VERSANT CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VERSANT CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VERSANT CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VERSANT CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Versant Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Versant Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Versant Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Versant Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Versant Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. VERSANT CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VERSANT CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VERSANT CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VERSANT CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VERSANT CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VERSANT CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Versant Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Versant Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Versant Corp. Major Shareholders
Versant Corp. History
Versant Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Versant Corp. Offices and Representations
Versant Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Versant Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Versant Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Versant Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Versant Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Versant Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Versant Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Versant Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Versant Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Versant Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Versant Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Versant Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?