- The report contains detailed information about Changyou.com Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Changyou.com Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Changyou.com Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Changyou.com Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Changyou.com Limited business.
About Changyou.com Limited
Changyou.com Limited develops and operates online games in the Peoples Republic of China. The company engages in the development, operation, and licensing of massively multi-player online role-playing games (MMORPGs), which are interactive online games that are played simultaneously by various game players. The company is a subsidiary of Sohu.com Inc.
The company operates three MMORPGs, including TLBB, which it developed in-house; and Blade Online (BO), which it licensed from a third party and Blade Hero 2, or BH2, the sequel to BO.
Tian Long Ba Bu (TLBB)
TLBB is a 2.5D martial arts and community building game, adapted from the Chinese novel, Tian Long Ba Bu, which means Novel of Eight Demigods. TLBB provides various missions and in-game activities for game players to develop a personalized experience and foster virtual social relationships.
TLBB features a combination of martial arts-style-fighting and community-building among its game players. In TLBB, game players choose from nine categories of team-based identities with distinct skill sets and missions, and game players can engage in various virtual activities, such as making friends, getting married, learning skills or completing other tasks. The company offers approximately 700 different virtual items.
Blade Online (BO)
The Blade Online series consist of two 2.5D MMORPGs, Blade Online, or BO, which the company licensed from a third party, and Blade Hero 2, or BH2, which is a sequel of Blade Online. Both games are martial arts-style fighting games set to the backdrop of a Chinese myth. In BO, game players can set their own rules for in-game fighting and take on various roles, including a human, an evil spirit or an immortal in the game. The game also includes upgrades to some of the community features found in BO, such as an auto-navigation system and an improved mission tracking system. Both provide a range of virtual items for game players to purchase to improve the game-playing experience.
The company has five MMORPGs in the pipeline, with different graphic styles, themes, and features. Games in its pipeline include DMD, ZHYX, DHSH, IF, and LAW.
DMD is adapted from the novel Duke of Mount Deer written by Louis Cha. DMD would be an MMORPG targeting a broader audience than TLBB by using cartoon-style graphics and other features, including fashionable outfits and variations to game player appearances.
ZHYX is a 3D martial-art MMORPG. The game is based on a story from a Hong Kong comic book about the challenge of life for a Chinese expatriate outside the home land. This game targets game players who prefer 3D games and enjoy reading comic books.
DHSH is a 2D cartoon-style, turn-based MMORPG. The game is based on a story from one of the four classical novels of Chinese literature Outlaws of the Marsh, about the adventures of 108 heroes in Northern Song dynasty.
IF is a 2D MMORPG set against a backdrop of ancient Chinese myths and folklore, which are used to create missions in the game to attract game players. Game players play characters that can travel between heaven and earth, while encountering legendary figures in mythical settings.
LAW is a 2.5D MMORPG set in ancient China at the beginning of Chinese civilization, approximately 5,000 years ago. Game players can travel from the modern world to the ancient world in the game, and change the world with magic, martial arts, machinery, and technology. This game targets game players in their late teens to late 20s who enjoy reading fantasy literature.
The company competes principally with the following groups of competitors in China: online game developers and operators in China, including Tencent Holdings Litmited, Shanda Games Limited, NetEase.com, Inc., Perfect World Co., Ltd., Giant Interactive Group Inc., NetDragon Websoft Inc., Kingsoft Corporation Limited, and The9 Limited. The company's MMORPGs currently compete with, among others, the following MMORPGs in China: Fantasy Westward Journey, developed and operated by NetEase.com, Inc.; World of Warcraft, developed by Blizzard Entertainment and operated by NetEase.com, Inc. in China; Asktao, developed and operated by Beijing Guangyu Huaxia Technology Limited Dungeon and Fighter, developed and operated by Tencent Holdings Limited; Eudemons Online, developed and operated by NetDragon Websoft Inc.; and Zhu Xian and Battle of the Immortals, developed and operated by Perfect World Co., Ltd.
Changyou.com Limited was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Changyou.com Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Changyou.com Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Changyou.com Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Changyou.com Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Changyou.com Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHANGYOU.COM LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Changyou.com Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Changyou.com Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Changyou.com Limited Major Shareholders
Changyou.com Limited History
Changyou.com Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Changyou.com Limited Offices and Representations
Changyou.com Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Changyou.com Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Changyou.com Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Changyou.com Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Changyou.com Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Changyou.com Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Changyou.com Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Changyou.com Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Changyou.com Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Changyou.com Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Changyou.com Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Changyou.com Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?