- The report contains detailed information about support.com, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for support.com, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The support.com, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes support.com, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of support.com, Inc. business.
About support.com, Inc.
Support.com, Inc. provides online care for the digital home and microbusiness primarily in North America. The companys technology services and software products install, set-up, connect, repair, and protect personal computers and related devices that are essential to consumers digital lives. It offers one-time services and subscriptions, and it also licenses software products to consumers who prefer do-it-yourself solutions.
Online Care Services
The companys online care services include one-time services, or incidents, and subscriptions. These services are available on demand, and also through the purchase of service cards and gift cards. The company offers a money-back guarantee in the event it is unable to resolve the consumers problem subject to the terms of its end user agreements.
Install & Set-Up: The company offers various installation and set-up services. Its New PC Setup and Configure services complete the basic setup and configuration steps for new personal computers (PCs). The company helps consumers create new user accounts, configure automatic system updates, and remove unnecessary trial software that clutters many new computers. An advanced version of this service also optimizes operating system and internet browsing settings. The companys Protection and Performance services install, update, and configure anti-malware software and operating system settings to improve digital security. An advanced version of this service also installs and configures parental controls and creates a user profile that restricts internet and application access, as specified by the consumers. Other installation and set-up services help consumers install, set up and use certain digital devices connected to their PC. The company can also assist consumers with installing and configuring digital cameras, music players and related software.
Connect and Secure: The companys Connect and Secure services help consumers in setting up a secure wireless network in their home. In this service, the company configures, connects, and establishes secure connections between the PC, the wireless network, and certain attached devices. In addition, it diagnoses and repairs problems consumers have with an existing wireless home network.
Diagnose and Fix: The companys Diagnose and Fix services assist consumers with a range of computer-related problems. It uses its proprietary technology and third-party tools to identify, diagnose, and repair technical problems, including the removal of viruses, spyware, and other forms of malware. The company also offers services that improve the performance of computers through start-up and shut-down, loading of programs and Internet browsing as well as improved available storage space.
The companys consumer software products are designed to maintain, optimize, and secure personal computers, and are marketed to consumers who prefer a do-it-yourself approach. Its software products include tools designed to address the common PC problem areas, including Windows registry errors, hard disk management, and computer memory optimization.
Registry Repair and Optimization: The companys Advanced Registry Optimizer software is designed to identify and repair errors in the registry database on personal computers running Microsoft Windows.
Hard Drive Maintenance: The companys Hard Disk Tune-Up software is a disk maintenance program. It helps improve the performance of a computer by defragmenting programs and data stored on the hard drive, which speeds access to stored information.
Memory Management and Optimization: The companys MemTurbo performance utility can increase available memory and improve computer performance by freeing up unused application memory and managing how applications request and subsequently return memory to the operating system.
In December 2009, the company acquired the Sammsoft family of software products through its acquisition of the assets of Xeriton, Inc.
In June 2009, the company completed the sale of its Enterprise Business to Consona Corporation.
The company was founded in 1997. It was formerly known as SupportSoft, Inc. and changed its name to Support.com, Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUPPORT.COM, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUPPORT.COM, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUPPORT.COM, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUPPORT.COM, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUPPORT.COM, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. support.com, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of support.com, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of support.com, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. support.com, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. support.com, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUPPORT.COM, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUPPORT.COM, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUPPORT.COM, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUPPORT.COM, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUPPORT.COM, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUPPORT.COM, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
support.com, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
support.com, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
support.com, Inc. Major Shareholders
support.com, Inc. History
support.com, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
support.com, Inc. Offices and Representations
support.com, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
support.com, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
support.com, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
support.com, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
support.com, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
support.com, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
support.com, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
support.com, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
support.com, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
support.com, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
support.com, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
support.com, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?