- The report contains detailed information about Sonic Solutions that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sonic Solutions. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sonic Solutions financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sonic Solutions competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sonic Solutions business.
About Sonic Solutions
Sonic Solutions develops products and services that enable the creation, management, and enjoyment of digital media content across various technology platforms. The companys products and services offer technologies to consumers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), businesses, professional optical disc authoring experts, and developers.
The company distributes its products and services through retailers and distributors, personal computer (PC) and consumer electronics (CE) OEMs, Internet Web sites, including www.roxio.com, and other channels. It also licenses technology and intellectual property to other software companies and technology manufacturers for integration into their own products and services.
The company's products and services are used to accomplish various tasks, including creating and distributing digital audio and video content in various formats; renting, purchasing and enjoying Hollywood movies and other premium content; producing digital media photo and video shows for sharing online and via television, PCs and CE devices; recording and playback of digital content on DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), other storage media and portable devices; managing digital media on PCs and CE devices; and backing up and preserving digital information, both to local storage devices and on the Internet.
The company organizes its business into two reportable operating segments, the Roxio Consumer Products segment and the Premium Content segment.
ROXIO CONSUMER PRODUCTS SEGMENT
The Roxio Consumer Products segment creates software and services that enable consumers to create, manage, and share personal digital media content on and across a range of connected devices. The segment offers products and services under various names, including BackonTrack, Backup MyPC, CinePlayer, Crunch, Easy LP to MP3, Easy VHS to DVD, Just!Burn, MyDVD, MyTV To Go, PhotoShow, PhotoSuite, Popcorn, RecordNow, Roxio Burn, Roxio Copy & Convert, Roxio Creator, Toast, VideoWave, and WinOnCDs. These products are sold in different versions and languages. The company distributes these products through various channels, including bundling arrangements with OEMs, volume licensing programs, its Web store, and third party Web-based and bricks and mortar retail stores. The company also markets the core technology that powers Roxio products to other companies who wish to build their own PC software products.
The company also markets the core technology that powers Roxio products to other companies who wish to build their own PC software products. It markets this technology under the AuthorScript and CinePlayer brand names.
The company licenses Roxio applications software for use by corporate and institutional organizations on populations of in-house computing devices. It makes its products available through Web-based retail sites in North America, Europe, and Japan. These retail sites are operated by third party resellers. It distributes Roxio products through various traditional physical retail stores, as well as catalog and Web stores.
The company's suppliers include HP Software Publishing and ModusLink.
PREMIUM CONTENT SEGMENT
The Premium Content segment offers a range of products and services related to the creation, distribution, and enjoyment of premium content. As part of this segment, the company also sells, rents, and distributes premium entertainment content to consumers over the Internet under RoxioNow branding. Also within this segment, the Professional Products Group offers software under the Scenarist, CineVision, and DVDit product names, as well as under the Sonic and Roxio Professional brands to major motion picture studios, high-end authoring houses, and other professional customers. The company also develops software components that it licenses to CE companies to enable their devices to offer premium content to consumers, and licenses intellectual property, including patents.
The company has partnered with major retailers, such as Best Buy and Blockbuster, offering its RoxioNow Internet delivery platform for the sell-through or rental of premium content. The RoxioN
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SONIC SOLUTIONS COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SONIC SOLUTIONS BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SONIC SOLUTIONS SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SONIC SOLUTIONS FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SONIC SOLUTIONS COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sonic Solutions Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sonic Solutions and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sonic Solutions and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sonic Solutions Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sonic Solutions Industry Position Analysis
6. SONIC SOLUTIONS NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SONIC SOLUTIONS EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SONIC SOLUTIONS ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SONIC SOLUTIONS IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SONIC SOLUTIONS PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SONIC SOLUTIONS VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sonic Solutions Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sonic Solutions Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sonic Solutions Major Shareholders
Sonic Solutions History
Sonic Solutions Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sonic Solutions Offices and Representations
Sonic Solutions SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sonic Solutions Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sonic Solutions Capital Market Snapshot
Sonic Solutions Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Sonic Solutions Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sonic Solutions Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sonic Solutions Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sonic Solutions 1-year Stock Charts
Sonic Solutions 5-year Stock Charts
Sonic Solutions vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sonic Solutions vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sonic Solutions Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?