- The report contains detailed information about Smartlinx Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smartlinx Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smartlinx Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smartlinx Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smartlinx Inc. business.
About Smartlinx Inc.
Smartlinx Inc. provides live video based tutoring services that utilizes a video enabled model and its Live Tutor Web site (Live Tutor). The company also provides technical support and back office services for Voice-Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony services.
Live Tutor delivers individualized and group based supplemental education to students using a video based system through the companys Live Tutor Virtual Learning Environment. Its initial focus is to implement Live Tutor Services in India.
The company provides Live Tutor services through its Live Tutor Web site. Its on-line tutoring services provide students with real-time, live video based content delivered on Personal Computers. As its Live Tutor services provide live on-line tutoring, a student would need to have broadband access for its Live Tutor services.
The company is also in the process of developing its Live Tutor Virtual Learning Environment. Its Live Tutor Virtual Learning Environment is a virtual classroom service, equipped with audio and video infrastructure, being developed by it. The companys Live Tutor Virtual Learning Environment service unitizes its Live Tutor Learning Management System (Live Tutor LMS) and Live Tutor Connect service (Live Tutor Connect). Live Tutor LMS is a learning management system that provides education institutions with the platform to develop their own learning programs, register students and teachers, manage schedules, maintains a learning calendar and store data. Live Tutor LMS is a customized and enhanced implementation of the MOODLE platform, an open source software for producing Internet based courses and Web sites. Live Tutor Connect allows for hosting live interactive virtual classes, which allows instructors to interact with students through audio-video, chat, questions and answers, share presentations, documents, and desktops screens online.
Broadband Services of BSNL
In 2009, the company entered into agreement with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), a broadband service provider in India, to provide broadband access to prospective customers and assist it in marketing Live Tutor to its existing customers.
Pilot Implementation Agreement with the Polsani Group
In 2009, the company entered into an agreement for the pilot implementation of Live Tutor Virtual Learning Environment (the Pilot Implementation Agreement) with the Polsani Group, a business group based in India that, among other things, provides services in the education industry. Under the terms of the Pilot Implementation Agreement, it agreed to provide the Polsani Group with its Live Tutor Virtual Learning Environment, including its Live Tutor LMS and Live Tutor Connect, at each of the Polsani Groups educational institutions in Hyderabad, Karimnagar and Lingapur, India.
VoIP Technical Support
The company provides technical support and back office services to small and medium sized businesses in India with respect to VoIP monitoring services. Its SmartRMS IP telephony monitoring services is a service that remotely monitors and handles voice, video, data and multiple applications over a Web based interface. It provides its customers with various IP telephony services, such as evaluate the impact of IP telephony on its customers environment; assists customers in evaluating the benefits and viability of an IP telephony system; implement IP telephony systems, including designing detail project plans, phase implementation and integration with its customers existing infrastructure; and provide round-the clock IP telephony support to its customers. As of March 31, 2010, the company had primarily provided support services to Nettlinx Limited, a provider of broadband VoIP services.
The company competes with Sify, Net4India, Youtele, WorldPhone, Keross, Ice Net Technologies, and Net Hertz.
Smartlinx Inc. was founded in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMARTLINX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMARTLINX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMARTLINX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMARTLINX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMARTLINX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smartlinx Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smartlinx Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smartlinx Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smartlinx Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smartlinx Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMARTLINX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMARTLINX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMARTLINX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMARTLINX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMARTLINX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMARTLINX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smartlinx Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smartlinx Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smartlinx Inc. Major Shareholders
Smartlinx Inc. History
Smartlinx Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smartlinx Inc. Offices and Representations
Smartlinx Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smartlinx Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smartlinx Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Smartlinx Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Smartlinx Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smartlinx Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smartlinx Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smartlinx Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Smartlinx Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Smartlinx Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smartlinx Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smartlinx Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?