- The report contains detailed information about PNI Digital Media Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PNI Digital Media Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PNI Digital Media Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PNI Digital Media Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PNI Digital Media Inc. business.
About PNI Digital Media Inc.
PNI Digital Media Inc. provides software and technology to retailers, Internet portals and Web sites, and telecommunication service providers (including mobile phone companies).
The PNI Digital Media Platform
The companys principal service is the PNI Digital Media Platform. The PNI Digital Media Platform consists of digital imaging technology which it provides to retailers who provide, or wish to provide, photo print, photo gift stationary and business card print services, professional and commercial photo processing labs, image content owners, and targeted portal services. The PNI Digital Media Platform enables the retailer to provide digital photo and personalized product services from desktops, kiosks, and mobile phones, through the Internet to end user customers. Its principal service enables retailers, such as Costco and Sams Clubs to provide photo print and photo give services through the Internet and at in store kiosks.
Pixology Kiosk Technology
The company, with the acquisition of Pixology plc (Pixology), added kiosk software to its product offering, which allows consumers to offload digital images from their digital media and order prints and gifting products within the retailer's locations. The kiosk software is also connected to the company's online platform permitting customers in-store to order gifting products from the kiosk, which are then transmitted from the kiosk to a remote fulfillment facility via the online platform.
Red-eye correction technology
As part of the acquisition of Pixology, the company acquired the IRISS red eye correction software. In March 2009, the company entered into a license agreement with a third party granting them a right to further develop, market, and sub-license the technology.
WorksMedia Software Technology
With the acquisition of WorksMedia Ltd in 2009, the company extended the capabilities of the PNI Digital Media Platform by adding rich-media software to kiosks, desktop software and online Web sites. The principal deployment of the WorksMedia software has been on in-store kiosks. This software is portable across any medium, including mobile phones. Furthermore, the software can support the creation of personalized photo gifts or other personalized products beyond photo prints in a kiosk environment, thereby creating another on ramp to the PNI Digital Media Platform for personalized products.
In April 2009, the company deployed the WorksMedia Software, branded as the PNI ConnectedKiosk Program, with in-store kiosks in Fred Meyer and King Soopers grocery chains in the USA. It July 2009, the company announced the addition of a series of resellers of the WorksMedia Software, including Retail Imaging Management Group and Photo Gift World Ltd. Additionally, the PNI ConnectedKiosk Program would power the online photo services site PixureThis for Associated Foods Stores in the U.S.A.
The company's competitors in the market for the provision of digital print services for retailers include Snapfish (a Hewlett-Packard (HP) service); LifePics; and Storefront.com Online Inc. Its significant kiosk competitor is Kodak. It also competes with organizations, such as Fuji, Hewlett Packard, and DaiNipon.
On July 14, 2010, PNI Digital Media Inc. announced that it has expanded its agreement with Kodak (Australasia) Pty. Ltd. to include an online photo center specific for the New Zealand marketplace. Kodak New Zealand customers can easily create and order a range of photo prints and customized photo gifts from the new Kodak Express Digital Solutions Online Photo Center.
The company was founded in 1995. It was formerly known as PhotoChannel Networks, Inc. and changed its name to PNI Digital Media Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PNI Digital Media Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PNI Digital Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PNI Digital Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PNI Digital Media Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PNI Digital Media Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PNI Digital Media Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PNI Digital Media Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PNI Digital Media Inc. Major Shareholders
PNI Digital Media Inc. History
PNI Digital Media Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PNI Digital Media Inc. Offices and Representations
PNI Digital Media Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PNI Digital Media Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PNI Digital Media Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PNI Digital Media Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
PNI Digital Media Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PNI Digital Media Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PNI Digital Media Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PNI Digital Media Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PNI Digital Media Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PNI Digital Media Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PNI Digital Media Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PNI Digital Media Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?