- The report contains detailed information about Openwave Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Openwave Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Openwave Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Openwave Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Openwave Systems Inc. business.
About Openwave Systems Inc.
Openwave Systems Inc. provides software solutions for the communications and media industries. The company provides software and services to mobile and wireline operators, and broadband service providers.
Products and Services
The companys product portfolio fits into the category of server software, which is integrated at the edge and core of operator networks. It serves the market with four product lines: service management, which manages content and media with a platform and services; messaging enables enhanced, integrated mobile and broadband communications through converged, IP-based multimedia messaging products; location enables location-based services through infrastructure and applications for both emergency and commercial location services; and mobile analytics helps operators identify and proactively manage bandwidth allocation, as well as make critical business decisions based on subscriber behaviors and trends by aggregating subscriber data and behavioral information across various data sources, including on portal and open Internet browsing, mobile email messaging, video and audio streaming, device type, demographics, and location.
The companys product portfolio includes offerings in the areas of server software, which includes service management, mobile analytics, converged messaging products for mobile and broadband service providers and location application products for mobile operators. Its professional services group works with its customers during all stages of the implementation of wireless services.
Server Software Products
The companys server software products contain the foundational software required to enable Internet connectivity to mobile phones and allow service providers to build services for their subscribers.
Openwaves platform, Integra, evolves the companys Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) offering to include multi-protocol, multi-service support, designed to meet the needs of carriers who are moving from a Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) based content delivery model to a service delivery model that includes HTTP and RTSP protocols.
Accelerator is a service enabler for Integra that compliments existing optimization functions within Integra. Passport is a service enabler that is designed for mobile operators to tap into new revenue streams by offering subscribers on-demand, pay-as-you-go mobile Internet access and personalized promotions. OpenWeb is a service enabler that converts and reformats Web pages for the mobile screen throughout a user session, on the fly. It also provides various service enhancements, including content filtering, device management, media transcoding, user billing and user authentication to improve operator control.
OpenStream is a service enabler that brings streaming and progressive downloading to mobile devices by providing stream adaptation. Guardian is a service enabler that gives mobile operators the power to protect their networks from viruses and security threats, and to protect their subscribers from inappropriate and unwanted content.
Openwave Rich Mail is a PC-based Web 2.0 solution designed for carrier-scale deployment by broadband and mobile operators around the world. Openwave Email Mx is the foundation of the companys messaging solution, delivering carrier-class messaging. Openwave Multimedia Messaging Services Center (MMSC) enables operators to offer multimedia services, such as integrated photo and text messaging. Openwave Edge Gx is designed to prevent messaging abuse before it gets into operators networks. Openwave IP Voice Messaging suite of solutions allows mobile and broadband service providers to provide integrated and IP Voicemail and Call Management services across networks and devices.
Openwave SmartCall is a suite of call management services that utilizes operators core voice business to give subscribers more control over making and receiving calls. Smart Call services use messaging and call handling in real-time to let mobile, fixed-line and broadband subscribers decide how and when they want to communicate based on their availability, preferred mode (SMS, voice, and M
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Openwave Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Openwave Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Openwave Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Openwave Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Openwave Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OPENWAVE SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Openwave Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Openwave Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Openwave Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Openwave Systems Inc. History
Openwave Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Openwave Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Openwave Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Openwave Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Openwave Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Openwave Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Openwave Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Openwave Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Openwave Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Openwave Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Openwave Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Openwave Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Openwave Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Openwave Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?