- The report contains detailed information about Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. business.
About Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc.
Net 1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. provides universal electronic payment system (UEPS) as an alternative payment system to the un-banked and under-banked populations of developing economies in South Africa.
The companys UEPS uses biometrically secure smart cards that operate in real-time but offline, unlike traditional payment systems offered by banking institutions that require immediate access through a communications network to a centralized computer.
The company also focuses on the development and provision of secure transaction technology, solutions and services, and offer transaction processing, financial and clinical risk management solutions to both funders and providers of healthcare. Its core competencies around secure online transaction processing, cryptography and integrated circuit card (chip/smart card) technologies are principally applied to electronic commerce transactions in the telecommunications, banking, payroll, retail, health care, petroleum and utility industries.
The company analyzes its business and operations in terms of four operating segments, including Transaction-Based Activities; Smart Card Accounts; Financial Services; and Hardware, Software, and Related Technology Sales.
The Transaction-Based Activities Operating Segment consists primarily of its contracts to distribute social welfare payments in South Africa through its subsidiary Cash Paymaster Services (Proprietary) Limited, (CPS) and its operating subsidiaries and its EasyPay operation.
Smart Card Accounts
The Smart Card Accounts Operating Segment provides smart card accounts to its card holders, which primarily consist of social welfare grant beneficiaries.
The Financial Services Operating Segment provides financial services to card holders through its smart card delivery channel. These financial services consist primarily of short-term loans and life insurance products.
Hardware, Software and Related Technology Sales
The company has developed a range of technological competencies to service its own internal needs and to provide links with its client enterprises. It provides to customers the hardware and software required to implement its UEPS or DUET systems. Its major customers in this segment are Sberbank, the Central Bank of Ghana, and Nedbank Limited.
BUSINESS UNITS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Transactional Solutions Cluster
Cash Paymaster Services (CPS)
The companys CPS business unit deploys its UEPS Social Grant Distribution technology to distribute social welfare grants on a monthly basis to 3.2 million beneficiaries in five provinces of South Africa. These social welfare grants are distributed under a contract with the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
CPS provides a transacting channel between social welfare grant beneficiaries, SASSA, and formal businesses. CPS enrolls social welfare grant beneficiaries by issuing them a UEPS smart card that digitally stores their biometric fingerprint templates on the smart card, enabling them to access their social welfare grants at any time or place. The smart card provides the holder with access to the UEPS functionality. The smart card also offers the card holder the ability to make debit order payments to various third parties, including utility companies, schools, and retail merchants.
The companys EasyPay business unit operates a bank-independent financial switch in Southern Africa. EasyPay focuses on the provision of payment, prepayment, and value-added services to the South African market. EasyPays infrastructure connects into major South African banks and switches both debit and credit card electronic funds transfer (EFT) transactions for South Africas retailers and petroleum companies. It is a South African Reserve Bank (SARB) approved third-party payment processor.
In addition to its core transaction processing and switching operations, EasyPay provides a reconciliation and settlement service to its customers. This service includes dynamic reconciliation, as well as report and screen-query tools for down-to-store-level, management, and control purposes
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NET 1 UEPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. History
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Net 1 Ueps Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?