- The report contains detailed information about icad Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for icad Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The icad Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes icad Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of icad Inc. business.
About icad Inc.
iCAD, Inc. provides advanced medical image analysis and workflow solutions that enable radiologists and other healthcare professionals to serve patients by identifying pathologies and pinpointing cancer earlier.
Products and Product Development
Advanced Image Analysis and Workflow Solutions in Breast Imaging (Mammography)
The company develops and markets a range of computer-aided detection (CAD) solutions for digital and film-based mammography systems. Its SecondLook systems are based on patented algorithms that analyze the data; automatically identifying and marking suspicious regions in the images. SecondLook detects and identifies suspicious masses and micro-calcifications utilizing image processing, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence techniques.
The company develops CAD products for additional digital imaging (full field digital mammography (FFDM) and computed radiography) providers, including the release of solutions for Agfa Corporation, Sectra Medical Systems, and Planmed in Europe. The company is developing the next generation of SecondLook Digital CAD.
SecondLook Digital: SecondLook Digital (SLD) is designed to function with digital mammography systems (FFDM and computed radiography), including systems sold by GE Healthcare, Siemens Medical, Hologic, Inc., Sectra Medical Systems, Philips, IMS Giotto, Agfa Corporation, and Planmed. The system enables optimal workflow for high volume clinics and facilities reading studies locally or remotely. In addition, the company received approval for its CAD product for use with Fujis Computer Radiography (CR) system. SecondLook Digital is a computer server residing on a customers network that receives patient studies from the imaging modality, performs CAD analysis and sends the CAD results to PACS and/or review workstations.
SecondLook 300 and SecondLook 200: The SecondLook 300 and SecondLook 200 products are film-based CAD systems combining patented clinical information system digitizer technology with cancer detection algorithms. The SecondLook 200 is a CAD solution providing early cancer detection for use at smaller facilities with lower case volumes. The company's ClickCAD program offers an alternative fee-per-procedure financing option for SecondLook 200 users, enabling facilities of various sizes to provide the benefits of CAD to their patients.
Products for Converting Mammography Films to Digital Images
TotalLook MammoAdvantage: The TotalLook MammoAdvantage (TLMA) system is the companys second generation mammography specific digitizer. TLMA provides a film-to-digital solution that allows facilities to transition from film to digital mammography. The product converts prior mammography films to digital images delivering high resolution digitized images to meet the critical specifications required for conversion of prior films. The TLMAs configurable image resolution settings enable the digitized and newly acquired digital images to be displayed at the same time. The TLMA provides digital imaging and communication in medicine (DICOM) connectivity for integration with review workstations, picture archiving and communication systems (PACS), and radiology information system (RIS) systems.
Advanced Image Analysis and Workflow Solutions in MRI Imaging Breast and Prostate
SpectraLook and VividLook: The company's breast and prostate MRI analysis solutions, SpectraLook and VividLook, provide radiologists with diagnostic information by creating colorized images based on signal changes defined by tumor physiology. Its All Time Point (ATP) analysis is a next-generation algorithm that uses near continuous data sampling versus solutions that use three fixed time points, which may omit critical data from the analysis. The ATP analysis is based on a pharmacokinetic model that calculates numerical values of key physiological parameters, allowing the user to assess the different biological processes taking place in malignant versus benign tumors.
CADvue: CADvue image review and analysis software facilitates the analysis of ATP colorized images and quantitative data. The user can create standard and customized reports used by radiologists to communicate time-sensitive breast and prostate MRI study results to referring physicians. The reports provide information used in the identification and analysis of abnormalities in the breast or prostate.
Advanced Image Analysis and Workflow Solutions in CT Colonography (CTC)
VeraLook: The company is engaged in the development of a CAD solution, VeraLook, to support detection of colonic polyps in conjunction with CTC. The company has executed an agreement with ACR Image Metrix, a division of the American College of Radiology (ACR), to conduct a multi-reader clinical study of iCADs CT Colon CAD product, for use with CTC. With this partnership, iCAD worked with ACR Image Metrix to develop and execute a clinical study to support approval of a CT Colon CAD product.
In 2009, the company had two major customers, GE Healthcare and Fuji Medical Systems.
The company faces direct competition in its mammography CAD business from Hologic, Inc.
iCAD, Inc., formerly known as Howtek, Inc., was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ICAD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ICAD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ICAD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ICAD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ICAD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. icad Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of icad Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of icad Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. icad Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. icad Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ICAD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ICAD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ICAD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ICAD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ICAD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ICAD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
icad Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
icad Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
icad Inc. Major Shareholders
icad Inc. History
icad Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
icad Inc. Offices and Representations
icad Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
icad Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
icad Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
icad Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
icad Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
icad Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
icad Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
icad Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
icad Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
icad Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
icad Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
icad Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?