- The report contains detailed information about Healthstream Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Healthstream Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Healthstream Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Healthstream Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Healthstream Inc. business.
About Healthstream Inc.
HealthStream, Inc. provides Internet-based learning and research solutions to meet the training, information, and education needs of the healthcare industry. The companys learning products are used by healthcare organizations to meet a range of training and assessment needs, while its research products provide its customers information about patients experiences, workforce challenges, physician relations, and community perceptions of their services.
The companys research products were added as a result of its acquisitions of Data Management & Research, Inc. (DMR) in 2005 and The Jackson Organization, Research Consultants, Inc. (TJO) in 2007, which expanded its service offerings to include quality and satisfaction surveys, data analyses of survey results, and other research-based measurement tools focused on patients, physicians, employees, and members of the community.
The company's products and services are organized into two segments, HealthStream Learning and HealthStream Research.
Within HealthStream Learning, the company bring training and education content together with administrative and management tools through its Internet-based platforms, the HealthStream Learning Center and a streamlined version, HealthStream Express. The company offers its Internet-based platform customers various additional courseware subscriptions. The companys learning management system supports healthcare administrators in configuring training to meet the needs of different groups of employees, modifying training materials, and documenting that training has been completed. It offers training, implementation, and account management services to facilitate adoption of its platform.
The companys primary learning product is the HealthStream Learning Center (HLC), its proprietary, Internet-based learning platform, which as of December 31, 2009 had approximately 2,073,000 contracted primarily hospital-based subscribers. The company delivers educational and training courseware to its customers through the HLC platform. The companys research products and service offerings include quality and satisfaction surveys, data analyses of survey results, and other research-based measurement tools focused on patients, physicians, employees, and members of the community.
The companys Internet-based platform and its courseware are hosted in a central data center that allows authorized subscribers Internet access to its services, thereby eliminating the need for onsite local implementations of installed learning management products. The company also offers Authoring Pro, an upgraded product which includes an image library, owned by A.D.A.M., Inc., as an additional subscription to this product.
Through HealthStream Direct, the company develops, manages, and distributes online, live, and print education and training activities for provider-based healthcare professionals and physicians, as well as online education and training activities for sales representatives. Certain of the education activities the company develops and distributes provide continuing education credit for learners completing them.
HealthStream Research complements HealthStream Learnings product and service offerings by providing hospital-based customers with patient, physician, employee, and community surveys, data analyses of survey results, and other research-based measurement tools. The companys survey and research solutions focus on providing statistically valid data to assist its customers with their decision making related to their organizations performance improvement objectives. In addition to collecting and reporting data, the company provides expert analysis and consulting to help customers understand their survey results and the underlying impact on their business.
The company has launched the HealthStream Improvement Center, an online system for hospitals to optimize and accelerate the execution of improvement plans, including those plans based on results from employee, physician, and community surveys, as well as patient HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) surveys. The Improvement Center is the newly added tool among a storehouse of solutions from HealthStream Research that include a line of survey products, national benchmarks, HCAHPS Improvement Library, consulting services, and other support tools.
The company's customers include healthcare organizations (including government entities), pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and other participants in the healthcare industry. Its customer base across both learning and research business units includes approximately 2,500 healthcare organizations (predominately acute-care facilities) throughout the United States. Its major customers include HCA, Inc.; Tenet Healthcare Corporation; Catholic Health Initiatives; Community Health Systems, Inc.; Lifepoint Hospitals, Inc.; Ardent Health Services, LLC; and Baxter Healthcare Corporation.
On June 23, 2010, Healthstream Inc. and Laerdal Medical Corporation announced the formation of SimVentures. The joint venture would offer products and services targeted at accelerating the global adoption of simulation-based learning by healthcare providers--with a focus on improving clinical competencies and patient outcomes.
The company competes with learning management system providers, such as SABA and SumTotal Systems. It also competes with medical publishers that have operating units that offer learning management systems that focus on healthcare, including Cengage Learnings Net Learning and Reed Elsevier Groups MC Strategies. In the survey business, the company competes with survey research firms, such as Press Ganey Associates, National Research Corporation, Gallup, Kenexa, and Foresight.
HealthStream, Inc. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEALTHSTREAM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEALTHSTREAM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEALTHSTREAM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEALTHSTREAM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEALTHSTREAM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Healthstream Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Healthstream Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Healthstream Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Healthstream Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Healthstream Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEALTHSTREAM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEALTHSTREAM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEALTHSTREAM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEALTHSTREAM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEALTHSTREAM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEALTHSTREAM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Healthstream Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Healthstream Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Healthstream Inc. Major Shareholders
Healthstream Inc. History
Healthstream Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Healthstream Inc. Offices and Representations
Healthstream Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Healthstream Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Healthstream Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Healthstream Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Healthstream Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Healthstream Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Healthstream Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Healthstream Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Healthstream Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Healthstream Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Healthstream Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Healthstream Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?