- The report contains detailed information about Guidance Software, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Guidance Software, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Guidance Software, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Guidance Software, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Guidance Software, Inc. business.
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software, Inc. is a provider of software solutions used to conduct digital investigations. The companys EnCase platform provides an investigative infrastructure that allows customers the capability to digitally investigate human resources matters, allegations of fraud, suspicious network endpoint activity, and defend their organizations data assets with its forensic solutions.
The company complements its software offerings with an array of professional and training services, including technical support and maintenance services to help customers implement its solutions, conduct investigations and train their IT and legal professionals to use software products. All of its brands are based on the EnCase platform, and its products are used by various industries, such as financial and insurance services, defense, energy, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, healthcare and retail companies. Its EnCase Enterprise customer base includes approximately 1,000 government and law enforcement agencies and other customers worldwide.
Products and Services
EnCase Enterprise provides an investigative platform that enables an organization to search, collect, preserve and analyze data on the servers, desktops and laptops across the network. EnCase Enterprise enables organizations to respond to electronic discovery requests and conduct internal investigations, including human resources-related or focused on compliance or fraud. Companies can also collect and preserve data in response to requests from regulators or for civil litigation matters and take decisive action in the face of security and data breaches, whether the origin of the worm, virus or other exploit is internal.
EnCase Enterprise serves as the platform for an enterprise investigative infrastructure, to which additional products can be added to enhance and automate the search, collection, preservation and analysis of data in order to accomplish specific business tasks such as: responding to electronic discovery requests; performing proactive, enterprise-wide, data audits for sensitive information, including personally identifiable information, classified data, and intellectual property; and responding to and remediating network threats or intrusions. These products, which can be added to perform the functions, include EnCase eDiscovery, EnCase Legal Hold, and EnCase Cybersecurity. The core EnCase Enterprise platform consists of five separate components: the Examiner, the SAFE Secure Authentication for EnCase, the Servlet, the Enterprise Concurrent Connections, and SnapShot.
EnCase eDiscovery performs automated search, collection, preservation, and processing of ESI around the clock. Using a distributed enterprise-wide scalable architecture, it collects and processes only potentially relevant data. In addition, evidence and metadata are preserved in the court validated EnCase Evidence File format to ensure complete chain of custody from the moment the legal hold is issued until load files are generated for attorney review. EnCase eDiscovery tracks collection results in a database so that the status of the data collection effort can be viewed and communicated to others.
In January 2010, the company announced release of Version 4 of EnCase eDiscovery, an integrated eDiscovery solution. Version 4 of EnCase eDiscovery would provide customers legal and IT teams with one integrated software solution that delivers all of the functionality that organizations desire for in-house electronic discovery, including legal hold, pre-collection analytics, identification, preservation and collection, processing, analysis, and early case assessment, and first-pass review.
EnCase Legal Hold
EnCase Legal Hold is a Web-based add-on to the EnCase eDiscovery platform that enables corporate legal departments not only to identify and notify custodians for legal preservation holds at the outset of litigation, but also to manage, track, and report on the actual preservation, collection, and processing of electronically stored information (ESI).
EnCase Cybersecurity augments and complements existing IT securit
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Guidance Software, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Guidance Software, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Guidance Software, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Guidance Software, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Guidance Software, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Guidance Software, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Guidance Software, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Guidance Software, Inc. Major Shareholders
Guidance Software, Inc. History
Guidance Software, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Guidance Software, Inc. Offices and Representations
Guidance Software, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Guidance Software, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Guidance Software, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Guidance Software, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Guidance Software, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Guidance Software, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Guidance Software, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Guidance Software, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Guidance Software, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Guidance Software, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Guidance Software, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Guidance Software, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?