- The report contains detailed information about GSI Commerce Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GSI Commerce Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GSI Commerce Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GSI Commerce Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GSI Commerce Inc. business.
About GSI Commerce Inc.
GSI Commerce, Inc. provides e-commerce and interactive marketing services to businesses that sell products directly to consumers (b2c).
The company provides services to approximately 500 retailers and brands, including 7 for all Mankind; Aeropostale; American Eagle Outfitters, Avis, Bath & Body Works, British Airways, Calvin Klein, Christopher & Banks, Cole Haan, Dell, Dicks Sporting Goods, Estee Lauder, Expedia, HP, Major League Baseball, the NFL, Philips, Publishers Clearing House, RalphLauren.com, Sports Authority, The TJX Companies, Tory Burch, Toys R Us, Tumi, Warnaco, and the Washington Post Newspapers, Inc. .
The company operates in three business segments: e-Commerce Services, Interactive Marketing Services, and Consumer Engagement.
The company provides e-commerce services domestically and internationally that enable b2c companies to operate e-commerce and multichannel retailing businesses. Its services include a suite of Web and e-commerce technologies, fulfillment and customer care / call center services. The company offers components of these services as part of an integrated e-commerce platform, as well as on a modular basis. Additionally, its e-commerce services include technical Web and e-commerce development services, buying services, value-added fulfillment services, and third-party services the company resells to its clients. The company provides e-commerce services to clients that manage their own inventory and to clients for which the company purchases and owns the inventory.
The company builds and operates its clients Web stores using its proprietary, hosted e-commerce software solution, which enables an online shopping experience tailored to its clients brands. This solution includes a set of configurable features and functions, such as product presentation, merchandising, shopping cart, and checkout, that enable the buying and selling of products online. On a selective basis, the company also integrates specialized, third-party software applications into its solution.
The company provides its clients with proprietary Web store management tools to manage their Web stores administration, product and catalog content and reporting. These tools help clients to create and manage product categories, marketing and descriptive content, product images, advertisements and promotions, merchandising, inventory, cross-selling and up-selling, and search capabilities.
The company provides hosting services for its clients Web stores and related systems. These services are hosted in two data centers, which are co-located with a third-party telecommunications company. The company also manages and monitors the operations and infrastructure of these data centers.
The company manages various aspects of orders placed through its clients Web stores through its order management and processing system, including credit card payments, alternative payments, private-label credit cards, promotions, gift card purchase and redemption, shipping fees, taxes, and other service fees, such as for gift wrapping.
The company also provides its clients with continuous access to a Web-based, analytics portal with reporting and analytical capabilities, including demand, merchandising, marketing, click stream, and Web metrics.
Fulfillment and Drop Shipping Services
The company offers a range of order fulfillment services through seven fulfillment centers five in the U.S., one in Canada, and one in Europe. The companys fulfillment centers support multi-category, b2c requirements and can be used as a part of an integrated offering with its Web Store technologies and customer care and call center operations or utilized as a module integrated with a clients third party applications and operations. The company also integrates with and manages a network of approximately 750 third-party, drop-ship vendors, as well as with certain clients who perform their own fulfillment. It also processes orders and provides fulfillment for clients that directly market products through television advertisements (infomercials), the Web and over the telephone and provide
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GSI COMMERCE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GSI COMMERCE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GSI COMMERCE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GSI COMMERCE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GSI COMMERCE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GSI Commerce Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GSI Commerce Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GSI Commerce Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GSI Commerce Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GSI Commerce Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GSI COMMERCE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GSI COMMERCE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GSI COMMERCE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GSI COMMERCE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GSI COMMERCE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GSI COMMERCE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GSI Commerce Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GSI Commerce Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GSI Commerce Inc. Major Shareholders
GSI Commerce Inc. History
GSI Commerce Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GSI Commerce Inc. Offices and Representations
GSI Commerce Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GSI Commerce Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GSI Commerce Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GSI Commerce Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
GSI Commerce Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GSI Commerce Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GSI Commerce Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GSI Commerce Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GSI Commerce Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GSI Commerce Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GSI Commerce Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GSI Commerce Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?