- The report contains detailed information about GSI Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GSI Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GSI Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GSI Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GSI Group Inc. business.
About GSI Group Inc.
GSI Group Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of photonics-based solutions, including lasers, laser systems, and electro-optical components; precision motion devices; and associated precision motion control technology and systems. The companys customers incorporate its technology into their products or manufacturing processes, for a range of applications in various markets, including industrial, scientific, electronics, semiconductor, medical, and aerospace.
The companys products are grouped into three segments: Precision Technology; Semiconductor Systems; and Excel.
Precision Technology Segment
The Precision Technology segment designs, manufactures, and markets lasers, optical scanners, optics, air bearing spindles, encoders, and thermal printers to customers worldwide. Its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products include those based on its core competencies in laser, precision motion, and motion control technology. It sells the products in this segment both directly and indirectly through resellers and distributors.
The Precision Technology segment has five major product lines: lasers, which are used in applications, include welding, cutting, drilling, surface marking, and deep engraving of metal and plastic parts and the markets include industrial, electronics, automotive, medical, packaging and aerospace; optics, which are used in applications include scanners, the deflection of laser beams in aircraft gyroscopes, and bending optical light beams that transmit telecommunications data and the markets include aerospace, telecommunications, and industrial; printed circuit board spindles, which are high-speed air bearing spindles used to drill very small and precise holes in printed circuit boards and other applications include semiconductors, industrial, and printing in the electronics market; encoders, which are linear and rotary electro-optical tracking devices that measure movement with sub-micron accuracy and the applications, include motion control of semiconductor and electronic manufacturing equipment, confocal microscopes, positioning magnetic rings on hard drives, precision manufacturing, and coordinate measuring systems in the electronics market; and thermal printers, which are rugged paper tape printers for the medical instruments and defibrillator markets.
Semiconductor Systems Segment
The companys Semiconductor Systems segment designs, develops, and sells production systems that process semiconductor wafers using laser beams and high precision motion technology. It sells manufacturing systems to integrated device manufacturers and wafer processors. Its systems perform laser based processing on various types of semiconductors: general wafers used for logic or memory purposes, dynamic random access memory (DRAM, NAND) chips, and analog chips.
The Semiconductor Systems segment has three major product lines: waferrepair, which is used to raise production yields for 300mm and 200mm DRAM and NAND wafers to commercially acceptable levels in the semiconductorDRAM and flash memory chips market; wafertrim, which enables production of integrated circuits by trimming analog and mixed signal integrated circuits with a laser beam in the semiconductoranalog and mixed signal devices market; and wafermark, which is used to mark silicon wafers with characters or markings at various stages of the wafer and integrated circuit manufacturing process. The marks are designed to aid process control and device traceability in the semiconductorsilicon suppliers and integrated circuit factories market.
The Semiconductor Systems segment also includes two smaller product lines, circuittrim and SVS circuittrim systems, which are used in the production of thick and thin film resistive components for surface mount technology electronic circuits, known as chip resistors, as well as thick and thin film hybrid circuits, and for adjusting the performance of multi-chip modules. SVS inspection equipment is used to inspect pre- and post- reflow solder paste and component placement on printed circuit boards.
The companys Excel segment designs, manufacture
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GSI GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GSI GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GSI GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GSI GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GSI GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GSI Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GSI Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GSI Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GSI Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GSI Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GSI GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GSI GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GSI GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GSI GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GSI GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GSI GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GSI Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GSI Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GSI Group Inc. Major Shareholders
GSI Group Inc. History
GSI Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GSI Group Inc. Offices and Representations
GSI Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GSI Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GSI Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
GSI Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
GSI Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GSI Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GSI Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GSI Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
GSI Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
GSI Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GSI Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GSI Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?