- The report contains detailed information about Echo Global Logistics, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Echo Global Logistics, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Echo Global Logistics, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Echo Global Logistics, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Echo Global Logistics, Inc. business.
About Echo Global Logistics, Inc.
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. provides technology enabled transportation and supply chain management services, delivered on a proprietary technology platform serving the transportation and logistics needs of its clients in the United States.
The companys proprietary Web-based technology platform, Evolved Transportation Manager (ETM), compiles and analyzes data from its network of approximately 24,000 transportation providers to serve its clients' shipping and freight management needs.
Truckload (TL): The company provides TL services across various TL segments, including dry vans, temperature-controlled units, and flatbeds. Using its LaneIQ technology, the company provides dispatch, communication, and data collection tools that enable its TL team to disseminate critical pricing and capacity information to its clients on a real-time basis.
Less than Truckload (LTL): The company provides LTL services involving the shipment of single or multiple pallets of freight. Using its RateIQ technology, the company obtains real-time pricing and transit time information for every LTL shipment from its database of LTL carriers.
Small Parcel: The company provides small parcel services for packages of various sizes.
Inter-Modal: Inter-modal transportation is the shipping of freight by multiple modes, typically using a container that is transferred between ships, railcars or trucks. The company offers inter-modal transportation services for its clients that utilize both trucks and rail.
Domestic Air and Expedited Services: The company provides domestic air and expedited shipment services for its clients. It uses ETM track and trace tools to ensure that up to date information is available to its clients via EchoTrak.
International: The company provides air and ocean transportation services for its clients, offering an international delivery option to its clients. Using ETM, its teams can consolidate shipments, coordinate routing, local pick-up and delivery methods, and prearrange customs clearance.
In addition to arranging for transportation, the company provides logistics services, either on-site or off-site, to manage the flow of those goods from origin to destination. The companys core logistics services include rate negotiation; procurement of transportation, both contractually and in the spot market; shipment execution and tracking; carrier management, reporting and compliance; executive dashboard presentations and detailed shipment reports; freight bill audit and payment; claims processing and service refund management; design and management of inbound client freight programs; individually configured Web portals and self-service data warehouses; ERP integration with transactional shipment data; and integration of shipping applications into client e-commerce sites.
The company provides transportation and logistics services to corporate clients across a range of industries, such as manufacturing, construction, consumer products, and retail. As of December 31, 2009, the company served approximately 22,900 clients using approximately 12,700 different carriers. Its clients fall into two categories: enterprise and transactional.
The company's competitors include internal shipping departments at companies that have substantial transportation requirements; non-asset-based logistics companies, such as C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Freightquote.com, Ozburn-Hessey Logistics, Total Quality Logistics, and Transplace; asset-based logistics companies, such as Schneider, FedEx, JB Hunt, and ABF; carriers that offer logistics services, such as YRC, Conway, and UPS; freight forwarders that dispatch shipments via asset-based carriers, typically arranging for shipments to or from international destinations, such as Expeditors International; and smaller, niche service providers that provide services in a specific geographic market, industry segment or service area. The company also faces competition from larger services companies, such as IBM or Accenture.
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. was founded in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Echo Global Logistics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Echo Global Logistics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Major Shareholders
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. History
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Offices and Representations
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?