- The report contains detailed information about Digital River Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Digital River Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Digital River Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Digital River Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Digital River Inc. business.
About Digital River Inc.
Digital River, Inc. provides outsourced e-commerce and marketing solutions to various companies in software, consumer electronics, computer games, video games, and other markets. The company's services assist in establishing an online sales channel capability and to manage online sales.
The company provides a range of services to its clients, including design, development, and hosting of online stores, merchandising, order management, fraud prevention screening, localized online payment methods, export controls and management, denied parties screening, tax compliance and management, digital product delivery via download, physical product fulfillment, CD production, multi-lingual customer service, subscription management, online marketing services, including email marketing, paid search program management, Web site optimization, Web analytics, and reporting.
Store Design, Development, and Hosting: The company offers its clients Web site design services utilizing its experience and expertise to create online stores. Its e-commerce solutions can be deployed in various ways from shopping carts through completely merchandised online stores. The online stores the company operates for its clients often match their branding and Web site design to provide an experience for shoppers. The company manages the order process through payment processing, fraud screening and fulfillment (either digital or physical) and notifies the buyer via e-mail once the transaction is completed. It operates multiple data centers globally, which feature high-speed connections to the Internet, server capacity to handle unpredictable spikes in traffic and transactions, security and monitoring, back-up electric generators, and power supplies.
Store Merchandising: The companys technology platforms support a range of merchandising activities. This enables its clients to execute promotions, up-sell, and cross-sell activities and to feature specific products and services during any phase of the shopping process. From the home page of its clients online stores through the checkout and thank you pages, its solution allows clients to deliver targeted offers designed to increase order close ratios and average order sizes.
Order Management and Fraud Screening: The company manages various phases of a shoppers order on its clients e-commerce stores. It processes payment transactions for orders placed through its technology platform and support various payment types, including credit cards, wire transfers, purchase orders, money orders, direct debit cards, and other payment methods both in the United States and worldwide. The company also provides denied-parties screening and export controls, which are designed to ensure that persons and/or organizations appearing on government denied-parties lists are blocked from making purchases through its system.
Digital and Physical Fulfillment Services: The company provides both digital and physical fulfillment services to its clients. It offers its clients an array of electronic delivery capabilities that enable delivery of digital products directly to customers computers via the Internet. In addition to electronic fulfillment via download, the company offers physical distribution services to its clients as well. The company has contracted with third-party fulfillment agents that maintain inventories of physical products for shipment to buyers. These products are held by the fulfillment agent on consignment from its clients. The company provides notification of product shipment to the buyer, as well as shipment tracking, order status, and inventory information. The company also provides a service called Physical on Demand (POD), which utilizes robotic systems to create a client-branded product CD and packaging materials after a POD order has been placed. It provides extended download services for digital products for an additional fee, which enables buyers to download the products they have purchased approximately once in the event of a computer failure or other unexpected problem. In connection with the sales of consumer electronic goods, the company offers management services relating to
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIGITAL RIVER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIGITAL RIVER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIGITAL RIVER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIGITAL RIVER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIGITAL RIVER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Digital River Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Digital River Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Digital River Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Digital River Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Digital River Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIGITAL RIVER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIGITAL RIVER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIGITAL RIVER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIGITAL RIVER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIGITAL RIVER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIGITAL RIVER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Digital River Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Digital River Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Digital River Inc. Major Shareholders
Digital River Inc. History
Digital River Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Digital River Inc. Offices and Representations
Digital River Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Digital River Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Digital River Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Digital River Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Digital River Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Digital River Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Digital River Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Digital River Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Digital River Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Digital River Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Digital River Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Digital River Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?