- The report contains detailed information about Sky-Mobi Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sky-Mobi Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sky-Mobi Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sky-Mobi Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sky-Mobi Limited business.
About Sky-Mobi Limited
Sky-mobi Limited engages in the operation of a mobile application platform embedded on mobile phones to provide mobile application store and services in the Peoples Republic of China
The company's Maopao application store allows users to browse, download, and purchase a range of applications and content, such as games, music, and books. In addition, it has a mobile social network community in China, the Maopao Community, where it operates mobile social games and provides applications and content with social network functions to its registered members. Maopao enables mobile applications and content to be downloaded and run on various mobile handsets with different hardware and operating system configurations. As of September 30, 2010, Maopao had approximately 479 million cumulative users. The company targets the feature phone market. It collaborates with handset companies to pre-install Maopao on mobile handsets before shipment.
Applications and Content Available Through Maopao
The company offers following main categories of mobile applications and content available through Maopao: community-based applications and content, including mobile social games and social network applications; and single-user applications and content, including single-player games, multimedia applications, and other single-user content. Its content providers include Internet companies in China, such as Baidu, and also independent content development companies.
Mobile Social Games and Social Network Functions
As of September 30, 2010, the company offered approximately 50 mobile social games and social network service applications through Maopao. Its mobile social games, such as Fantasy of the Three Kingdoms, are mobile versions of Internet based games, which require players to have game-specific applications installed to enable access to game servers. The company also offers mobile social versions of card games and strategic games.
The company has a selection of social network tools on Maopao, including the mobile versions of Internet applications in China, such as QQ instant messenger and Sina Microblog, as well as its own Maopao Community social network. The Maopao Community had approximately 44.6 million registered members as of September 30, 2010 and offers instant messaging, blogs, and other mobile applications and content enabling user interaction on its Maopao Community.
The companys primary single-player games include Happy Dou Di Zhu, a card game; and the Legend of Sky and Swordsman, a role-playing game. The company offered approximately 590 single-player games through Maopao during the six months ended September 30, 2010 and there were approximately 712.2 million downloads of its single-player games in the six-month period ended September 30, 2010. The company offers various free single-player games on Maopao.
Mobile Music Players: The companys mobile music applications offer access to mainstream music content providers, such as Ai Ting Bar. Users can stream music directly to their handsets or download songs to be stored in their handsets or used as ringtones.
Mobile Book Reader: Users can subscribe to its proprietary e-book application, Kaiyue, and download books, or choose an unlimited download package.
Mobile Video Players: Users can download video clips to be stored in their mobile phones or choose an unlimited download package.
Pictures and Wallpapers: Users can download images to be stored in their mobile phones or used as wallpapers.
Other Single-User Mobile Applications
E-Commerce: Mobile users can purchase lottery tickets and recharge the balance on their pay-as-you-go mobile phones through applications on Maopao.
WAP Internet access: The company offers WAP Internet access to Web sites preapproved by it through the Maopao browser, its proprietary WAP browser.
Other Applications: Users can access a range of other applications through Maopao. Its primary applications include instant maps, real-time stock quotes and analysis, 139 mailbox, weather, network clock, and electronic dictionary.
Cooperation with Handset Companies
As of September 30, 2010, the company had developed collaborative relationships with approximately 440 handset companies and 230 content providers; and had entered into agreements with approximately 100 mobile service providers and 10 payment processing agents. It has formed collaboration relationships with handset companies to embed its mobile application store for different types of mobile baseband, chipsets and reference designs, including MTK, Spreadtrum, Qualcomm, and STMicroelectronics. Its collaborators include branded handset companies, such as Aux, Gionee, Haier, K-Touch, and Lenovo, as well as independent design houses, such as Longcheer, Hua Qin, and Tian Long.
The company competes directly with other independent application store operators, such as Shenzhen Shenxunhe Technology Co., Ltd., Shanghai Snowfish Tech. Co., Ltd. and Shanghai Coolbar Co., Ltd.; handset companies that have developed their own proprietary application stores, such as iTunes App Store on iPhones from Apple Inc. or the Ovi Store on Nokia handsets; mobile software providers, such as Guangzhou Ucfly Company, which has developed UCWeb, a mobile handset browser; emerging mobile operating systems which have their own application stores, such as Symbian; mobile network operators that provide their own application stores, such as Monternet Mobile Market from China Mobile and the UNI-Info Platform from China Unicom; and Chinese Internet companies that may develop and operate their own mobile application stores, such as Tencent and Baidu.
Sky-mobi Limited was founded in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SKY-MOBI LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SKY-MOBI LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SKY-MOBI LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SKY-MOBI LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SKY-MOBI LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sky-Mobi Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sky-Mobi Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sky-Mobi Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sky-Mobi Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sky-Mobi Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. SKY-MOBI LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SKY-MOBI LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SKY-MOBI LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SKY-MOBI LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SKY-MOBI LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SKY-MOBI LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sky-Mobi Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sky-Mobi Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sky-Mobi Limited Major Shareholders
Sky-Mobi Limited History
Sky-Mobi Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sky-Mobi Limited Offices and Representations
Sky-Mobi Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sky-Mobi Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sky-Mobi Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Sky-Mobi Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Sky-Mobi Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sky-Mobi Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sky-Mobi Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sky-Mobi Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Sky-Mobi Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Sky-Mobi Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sky-Mobi Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sky-Mobi Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?