- The report contains detailed information about ARTISTdirect Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ARTISTdirect Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ARTISTdirect Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ARTISTdirect Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ARTISTdirect Inc. business.
About ARTISTdirect Inc.
ARTISTdirect, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a digital media entertainment company in the United States. The company, through its MediaDefender subsidiary, is a provider of anti-piracy solutions in the Internet-piracy-protection (IPP) industry.
The company operates in three segments: Internet Piracy Prevention, Media, and E-Commerce.
INTERNET PIRACY PREVENTION SEGMENT
Internet piracy prevention (IPP) segment is operated by MediaDefender, as a wholly-owned subsidiary of ARTISTdirect. MediaDefenders proprietary suite of IPP solutions offers significant levels of protection on major peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing networks.
IPP Solutions: MediaDefender employs technical countermeasures on P2P networks to frustrate users attempts to find, copy and share unauthorized copyrighted materials. MediaDefenders customers specify the timing, duration, scope and level of effectiveness of desired protection on a track-by-track, album-by-album or movie-by-movie basis. Users of P2P networks attempting to download a file that is protected by MediaDefender either cannot begin the downloading process, download the specified file to find that it is not the content for which they were searching, or download a file to find that it works for the first few seconds and then reverts to white noise or static.
Customers: MediaDefenders principal customers include record labels and motion picture studios.
The Media operations include content-oriented Web-sites, a network of third party music sites, its advertising and other marketing initiatives. It markets and sells advertising on a cost-per-impression basis to advertising agencies and directly to various companies as part of their marketing programs. Customers may purchase advertising space for the entire ARTISTdirect network, or they may modify advertising based on music genre or based on functionality.
E-commerce operations consist of the sale of recorded music and artist-related merchandise on the companys Web-sites. Most of its sales come from ARTISTdirect shopping area, which offers a comprehensive selection of music CDs and a range of artist and lifestyle merchandise.
The company competes with MTV, America Online, MSN, Yahoo!, Listen.com, myspace.com, mp3.com, billboard.com, Amazon.com, iTunes Music Store, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, EMI Music, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group, CMT, Rolling Stone and Spin, Wal-Mart and Target.
As of March 30, 2009, the company and its wholly owned subsidiary, MediaDefender, acquired MediaSentry operating unit. The MediaSentry operating unit provides business and marketing intelligence services for digital media measurement; and services to globally detect, track, and deter the unauthorized distribution of digital content.
ARTISTdirect, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARTISTDIRECT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARTISTDIRECT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARTISTDIRECT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARTISTDIRECT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARTISTDIRECT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ARTISTdirect Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ARTISTdirect Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ARTISTdirect Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ARTISTdirect Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ARTISTdirect Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARTISTDIRECT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARTISTDIRECT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARTISTDIRECT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARTISTDIRECT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARTISTDIRECT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARTISTDIRECT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ARTISTdirect Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ARTISTdirect Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ARTISTdirect Inc. Major Shareholders
ARTISTdirect Inc. History
ARTISTdirect Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ARTISTdirect Inc. Offices and Representations
ARTISTdirect Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ARTISTdirect Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ARTISTdirect Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ARTISTdirect Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
ARTISTdirect Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ARTISTdirect Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ARTISTdirect Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ARTISTdirect Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ARTISTdirect Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ARTISTdirect Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ARTISTdirect Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ARTISTdirect Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?