- The report contains detailed information about IMAX Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IMAX Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IMAX Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IMAX Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IMAX Corporation business.
About IMAX Corporation
IMAX Corporation operates as an entertainment technology company worldwide. The company specializes in motion picture technologies and large-format film presentations.
The companys principal business is the design and manufacture of large-format digital and film-based theater systems (IMAX theater systems) and the sale or lease of such IMAX theater systems or the contribution of IMAX theater systems under revenue-sharing arrangements with its customers. The companys customers who purchase, lease, or otherwise acquire the IMAX theater systems are theater exhibitors that operate commercial theaters (particularly multiplexes), museums, science centers, or destination entertainment sites.
The company is also engaged in the production and distribution of original large-format films, the provision of post-production services for large-format films, the conversion of two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) Hollywood feature films for exhibition on IMAX theater systems worldwide, the operation of four IMAX theaters, and the provision of services in support of IMAX theaters and the IMAX theater network throughout the globe.
The companys theater systems include a specialized IMAX projector, advanced sound systems and specialty screens. Its activities include the sale and lease of, and provision of services related to, its theater systems; films (production and digital re-mastering of films, the distribution of film products to the IMAX theater network, post-production services for films); joint revenue sharing arrangements (the provision of its theater system); theater system maintenance (the provision of maintenance services related to its theater systems); theater operations (owning equipment, operating, managing or participating in the revenues of IMAX theaters); and other activities, which include the sale of after market parts and camera rentals.
IMAX Systems, Theater System Maintenance and Joint Revenue Sharing Arrangements
The companys primary products are its theater systems. Traditional IMAX film-based theater systems include a rolling loop large-format 15-perforation film frame, 70mm format (15/70-format) projector; a 6-channel, digital audio system delivering up to 12,000 watts of sound; a screen with a proprietary coating technology; and 3D glasses cleaning equipment. As part of the arrangement to sell or lease its theater systems, the company provides advice on theater planning and design and supervision of installation services. Theater systems are also leased or sold with a license for the use of the IMAX brand. IMAX theater systems come in five configurations: the GT projection system for the larger IMAX theaters; the SR system for smaller theaters; the IMAX MPX and IMAX digital systems, which are targeted for multiplex complexes; and a fifth category of theater systems featuring heavily curved and tilted screens that are used in dome shaped theaters. The GT, SR, IMAX MPX and IMAX digital systems are flat screens that have a minimum of curvature and tilt and can exhibit both 2D and 3D films, while the screen components in dome shaped theaters are generally 2D. As of December 31, 2009, the IMAX theater network included 430 theater systems (309 commercial, 121 institutional) operating in 48 countries.
IMAX Flat Screen and IMAX Dome Systems: IMAX flat screen and IMAX Dome systems comprise approximately 103 of the companys opened theater base and primarily reside in institutional settings, such as museums and science centers.
IMAX 3D GT and IMAX 3D SR Systems: IMAX 3D theaters utilize a flat screen 3D system, which produces realistic 3D images on an IMAX screen. To create the 3D effect, the audience uses either polarized or electronic glasses that separate the left-eye and right-eye images. The IMAX 3D projectors can project both 2D and 3D films, allowing theater owners to exhibit either type of film. The company has launched a smaller IMAX 3D system called IMAX 3D SR, a patented theater system configuration that combines a proprietary theater design, an automated projector, and specialized sound system components. As of December 31, 2009, there were a total of 139 IM
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IMAX CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IMAX CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IMAX CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IMAX CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IMAX CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IMAX Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IMAX Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IMAX Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IMAX Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IMAX Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. IMAX CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IMAX CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IMAX CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IMAX CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IMAX CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IMAX CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IMAX Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IMAX Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IMAX Corporation Major Shareholders
IMAX Corporation History
IMAX Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IMAX Corporation Offices and Representations
IMAX Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IMAX Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IMAX Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
IMAX Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
IMAX Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IMAX Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IMAX Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IMAX Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
IMAX Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
IMAX Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IMAX Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IMAX Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?