- The report contains detailed information about Amaru Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Amaru Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Amaru Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Amaru Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Amaru Inc. business.
About Amaru Inc.
Amaru, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates in the broadband media entertainment business primarily in Singapore and internationally. The company provides interactive entertainment-on-demand and e-commerce streaming over broadband channels, Internet portals, and 3G devices.
The companys operations are carried out through three segments: Entertainment Services, Digit Games, and E-Travel services.
The company provides online entertainment on-demand on broadband channels, Internet portals, and 3G devices for specific and identified viewer lifestyles, demographics, and interests.
Services: The company delivers the following services using broadband technology: video-on-demand (VOD) services that enable individuals to select videos from a central server, on-demand for viewing on: television screens, PCs, personal digital assistants, 3G hand phones, and E-Commerce or online purchases - linked interactively to the VOD platforms on broadband. Consumers choose to buy products online as they watch the videos.
The company has built and installed its broadband streaming system with firewalls, load balancing, bandwidth, and consumer monitoring systems, which include video streaming, video storage, and Web servers in Singapore. It also developed its streaming applications to stream into television sets, via a set top box. It offers consumers entertainment through its broadband streaming channels available at www.amaruinc.com, www.wowtv.com, www.m2btv.com, and www.m2bworldtravel.com.
Products: The company offers the following products on the VOD platform:
Entertainment - Consumers access movies, music, glamour and fashion, lifestyle (hobbies, cooking, and personalities), documentaries, sports, health and fitness, and others.
E-Commerce - Consumers would purchase products online, view videos on a pay-per-view basis and make payments online.
Wowtv - Web TV Service
WOWtv, a broadband entertainment Web TV service, has embarked on launching its site across the Asia Pacific, streaming multiple channels of Hollywood and Asian entertainment via video on-demand and providing E-commerce services. Its video on-demand content covers genres, such as movies, television dramas, variety shows, documentaries, fashion, lifestyle, sports, and edutainment.
M2BTV - Global Broadband TV (IPTV) Service
The company offers TV channels, delivered live over the Internet, to television sets that have a high-speed Internet connection and IP set top boxes. The service is offered to potential clients and third parties who desire to launch IPTV services to commercial outlets like hotels and condominiums or even to homes.
The company has an automated content management system (CMS) to enhance its advertising service offered to clients and to provide a new revenue source for the company. The system allows for the programming of video, animation, streaming, and flash content to multiple destinations.
Linked by broadband networks and wireless set-top boxes to push content and scheduled advertising at physical premises, the CMS allows businesses the option of presenting targeted content on selected video displays in multiple locations, such as on different levels of a shopping mall, in various spots with in a restaurant or club or on separate elevators in the same building.
The company has an agreement with Allsports Limited to operate, administer, and manage the lottery digit games activities in Cambodia.
The company's subsidiary, M2B World Travel Limited signed an agreement with Amadeus Global Travel Distribution, SA. Through the agreement, M2B offers direct access to the travel options available through the Amadeus network to their viewers worldwide. The agreement extends M2B's reach through its broadband streaming entertainment into the travel arena.
Major Events in 2008 for entertainment services
In 2008, M2B World Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of M2B World Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, entered into an agreement with PT Agis TBK, a company in Indonesia, to set up a joint venture company to launch the WOWtv service and content in Indonesia. The agreement gives M2B World Holdings Limited a 49 percent equity stake in the joint venture company, which is called PT WOW Television.
The agreement in 2008 with PT Agis TBK followed a previous agreement in 2007, where M2B World Holdings Limited entered into an agreement with PT Agis TBK to transfer and licence an IPTV platform. The IPTV platform concerned included the hardware, software and middleware, and the supply of content.
In 2007, M2B World Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd signed an agreement with a Malaysia company to launch IPTV service in Malaysia using the company's set-top boxes. In 2008, the IPTV service was launched on a trial basis in a hotel in Malaysia.
In 2007, the company together with its subsidiary, Tremax International Limited entered into an agreement with Domaine Group Limited for the acquisition of 80% of Cosmactive Broadband Networks Co Ltd, which is a broadband service provider incorporated in Taiwan.
The companys subsidiaries include M2B World, Inc.; M2B World Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.; M2B Australia Pty. Ltd.; M2B Entertainment, Inc.; M2B Commerce Limited; M2B World Travel Singapore Pte Ltd.; Amaru Holdings Limited; M2B World Holdings Limited; M2B World Pte. Ltd.; Tremax International Limited; and M2B World Travel Limited.
The companys competitors include Travelocity, Zuji, Expedia, and Priceline.com.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMARU INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMARU INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMARU INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMARU INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMARU INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Amaru Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Amaru Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Amaru Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Amaru Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Amaru Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMARU INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMARU INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMARU INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMARU INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMARU INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMARU INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Amaru Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Amaru Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Amaru Inc. Major Shareholders
Amaru Inc. History
Amaru Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Amaru Inc. Offices and Representations
Amaru Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Amaru Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Amaru Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Amaru Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Amaru Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Amaru Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Amaru Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Amaru Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Amaru Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Amaru Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Amaru Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Amaru Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?