- The report contains detailed information about Agfa-Gevaert N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Agfa-Gevaert N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Agfa-Gevaert N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Agfa-Gevaert N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Agfa-Gevaert N.V. business.
About Agfa-Gevaert N.V.
Agfa-Gevaert AG (Agfa) engages in the development, production and distribution of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the graphic industry and the healthcare sector. Agfa is commercially active worldwide through approximately 40 sales organizations, grouped in four regions: Europe, NAFTA, Latin America and Asia/Oceania/Africa.
Agfa comprises of two business groups, Graphic Systems and HealthCare, and the business unit Specialty Products.
Agfa is a supplier of prepress solutions for the different markets of the printing industry and has entered the industrial inkjet printing market. The product portfolio includes consumables, equipment and software.
The Graphic Systems business group is subdivided in four business units. Commercial, Newspaper and Package Printing provide their respective markets with integrated prepress solutions comprising graphic film, analog and digital printing plates with related processing chemicals and equipment, proofing systems and software for color, workflow and project management. Industrial Inkjet provides high speed and large-format printing systems for various new industrial printing applications such as labels, indoor and outdoor displays, signage and banners, fine art and photo reproductions and advertizing billboards.
HealthCare supplies hospitals and other healthcare centers with systems for the capture, process and management of diagnostic images and IT solutions that integrate clinical systems, including diagnostic information, with administrative information across all hospital operations.
The business group comprises four business units: Radiology Solutions concentrates on products and systems for the radiology department, ranging from X-ray film to IT networks for the management of medical images and patient info. Departmental Solutions delivers imaging and IT solutions to other clinical departments concentrated on specialties such as orthopedics, cardiology and womens care. Enterprise Solutions provides IT solutions that span the entire hospital organization. Imaging Technologies develops healthcare imaging software and computer aided detection tools.
Specialty Products comprises the production of specific consumables for specialized industries. Its main products are motion picture film, microfilm and film for non-destructive testing.
Agfa supplies prepress solutions for the newspaper, commercial printing and packaging markets. It offers a range of integrated solutions for both computer-to-film and computer-to-plate (CtP) technologies, including consumables (graphic film, analog and digital printing plates), equipment and digital proofing systems with powerful software tools for color management and quality control. gfa is developing inkjet printing systems for industrial applications. In addition, Agfa offers special films for aerial photography, screen and flexo printing, photo tooling film for making printed-circuit boards and products for the security card market. In prepress, Agfa provides customers with solutions including equipment, consumables, software and services.
In prepress equipment, Agfa launched computer-to-plate units with higher throughput for newspaper printers in the violet: Advantage and: Polaris ranges. For small to medium format commercial printers Agfa added the thermal: Acento platesetter and faster versions of the violet: Palladio and: Galileo to the assortment.
Higher throughput versions of the: Xcalibur and VLF thermal platesetters for high-end commercial and packaging printing were also introduced. Agfa is the only supplier for the graphic arts market to offer all digital plate technologies, i.e. thermal, silver and photopolymer plates. In 2004, Agfa launched the chemistry-free thermal printing plate: Azura. Agfa also acquired the new: LT2, the digital no-bake plate suited to the U.S. market, based on proprietary technology from Lastra. Furthermore, in North America, Agfa introduced the new fast: AquaFLASH photopolymer plate for flexo printers.
Sublima is cross-modulation scre
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Agfa-Gevaert N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Agfa-Gevaert N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BELGIUM PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AGFA-GEVAERT N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Major Shareholders
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. History
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Offices and Representations
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?