- The report contains detailed information about Trina Solar Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Trina Solar Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Trina Solar Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Trina Solar Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Trina Solar Ltd. business.
About Trina Solar Ltd.
Trina Solar Limited operates as an integrated solar-power products manufacturer in China. The company integrates the manufacture of ingots, wafers and solar cells for use in its PV module production.
The company designs, develops, manufactures and sells PV modules. PV modules are arrays of interconnected solar cells encased in a weatherproof frame. It produces standard solar modules ranging from 165 watts (W) to 240 W in power output and multicrystalline modules ranging from 215 W to 240 W in power output, built to general specifications for use in a range of residential, commercial, industrial, and other solar power generation systems. Its PV modules are built to general specifications, as well as to its customers and end-users specifications. The company sells and markets products worldwide, including European countries, such as Germany, Spain, and Italy. The company also operates in emerging solar power markets, such as the Benelux markets, China, the Czech Republic, France, Japan, South Korea, and the United States.
The company sells its products to distributors, wholesalers, power plant developers and operators, and PV system integrators, including Bull Solar, Enfinity NV, Gestamp Asetym Solar S.L., Invictus NV, and Proysectos Integrales Solares S.L. As of December 31, 2009, the company had an annual manufacturing capacity of ingots and wafers of approximately 500 MW and cells and modules of approximately 600 MW.
The company assembles solar modules either from monocrystalline or multicrystalline cells. It also designs and produces PV modules based on its customers specifications. Its PV modules are sealed, weatherproof and able to withstand high levels of ultraviolet radiation and moisture. It sells its modules under its own brand.
The companys suppliers include Hemlock Semiconductor Group, Jiangsu Zhongneng, OCI Company Ltd., and Wacker Chemie AG.
On June 01, 2010, Trina Solar Ltd. announced its research agreement with the Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore to develop an all-back-contact high-efficiency silicon wafer solar cell using Trina Solar's monocrystalline wafers. Trina Solar would engage SERIS to provide research and development services to develop a crystalline solar cell by printing contacts on the cell's rear to increase front surface exposure to sunlight.
The companys competitors include Sharp Electronic Corporation, Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd., Yingli Green Energy Holding Co., Ltd., and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. It also competes with Renewable Energy Corporation ASA, SolarWorld AG, and Canadian Solar Inc.
Trina Solar Limited was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRINA SOLAR LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRINA SOLAR LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRINA SOLAR LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRINA SOLAR LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRINA SOLAR LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Trina Solar Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Trina Solar Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Trina Solar Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Trina Solar Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Trina Solar Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRINA SOLAR LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRINA SOLAR LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRINA SOLAR LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRINA SOLAR LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRINA SOLAR LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRINA SOLAR LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Trina Solar Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Trina Solar Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Trina Solar Ltd. Major Shareholders
Trina Solar Ltd. History
Trina Solar Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Trina Solar Ltd. Offices and Representations
Trina Solar Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Trina Solar Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Trina Solar Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Trina Solar Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Trina Solar Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Trina Solar Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Trina Solar Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Trina Solar Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Trina Solar Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Trina Solar Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Trina Solar Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Trina Solar Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?