- The report contains detailed information about Tessera Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tessera Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tessera Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tessera Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tessera Technologies Inc. business.
About Tessera Technologies Inc.
Tessera Technologies, Inc. licenses, delivers, and invests in miniaturization technologies for electronic devices.
The companys imaging & optics solutions include image sensor packaging, wafer-level optics, and image enhancement intellectual property. Its Micro-electronics packaging technologies are licensed to approximately 70 companies, including Motorola, Inc., Intel Corporation, Hynix Semiconductor, Inc., Renesas Technology Co., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Sharp Corporation, Powertech Technology, Inc., Texas Instruments, Inc., and Toshiba Corporation.
The companys segments include Micro-electronics and Imaging and Optics.
The Micro-electronics segment is primarily composed of the licensing business in the companys core markets, including DRAM, Flash, SRAM, DSP, ASIC, ASSP, micro-controllers, general purpose logic, and analog devices, and its development and licensing efforts in emerging areas of packaging, interconnect, miniaturization such as its µPILR platform, and thermal management technology.
The company licenses majority of its CSP and MCP technology, which includes its µBGA solution, under a license agreement that refer to as Tessera Compliant Chip (TCC) technology license. It licenses semiconductor material suppliers under its Tessera Compliant Mounting Tape (TCMT) license.
The company offers a technology license on a worldwide basis for interconnect technologies, which cover its package substrate, printed circuit and printed wiring board patents. Its interconnect technologies include the µPILR platform, which is targeted at interconnect within semiconductor packages, substrates, printed circuit boards (PCBs), and other electronic components.
Imaging & Optics
Imaging & Optics business includes Wafer-level Packaging, Wafer-level Optics, Optical Image Enhancement, Embedded Image Enhancement, and Micro-optics. The company offers a technology license on a worldwide basis for these technologies and offers products based on these technologies. Its Imaging & Optics technologies are currently licensed to companies, such as Jiangyin Changjiang Advanced Packaging Corporation (JCAP), Nikon Corporation, Q Technology Limited, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., STMicroelectronics N.V., Toshiba Corporation, and Xintec, Inc. In 2009, the company expanded its presence in the Chinese market through its acquisition of certain assets of Israel-based Dblur Technologies Ltd., a developer of software lens technology for cell phone cameras and other imaging applications.
The Imaging and Optics segment consist of two elements. The first is its licensing business in the imaging and optics market, such as wafer-level image sensor packaging and image enhancement technologies. The second is its product and service business, which includes manufacturing small form factor micro-optics and non-recurring services such as engineering, design, assembly and infrastructure improvement.
In addition, the companys product and service business includes its Product Launch Services, a strategic initiative that supports its infrastructure licensees with manufacturability and provides its customers access to its new technologies to accelerate the rate of adoption of its Imaging & Optics technologies in the industry. Through its Product Launch Services, the company manufactures and sells OptiML single-element VGA lens directly to manufacturers.
The companys technologies are licensed to approximately 100 companies, including approximately 70 companies licensing aspects of its semiconductor packaging technology.
The company competes with semiconductor companies that have their own package design and manufacturing capabilities, including Texas Instruments, Inc., Intel Corporation; and the semiconductor divisions of Sharp Corporation and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Its technologies also compete with technologies developed by the internal design groups of package assembly companies, such as Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc., Amkor Technology, Inc., and STATS ChipPAC, Inc.
For imaging and optics, major semiconductor companies producing image sensors are also developing internal solutions that may compete with the companys technology. These semiconductor companies include Omnivision Technologies, Inc., Micron Technology, Inc., ST Microelectronics, Inc., Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd., and Toshiba Corporation. In addition to semiconductor companies, there are various other licensing and manufacturing companies, including ArcSoft, Inc., Anteryon B.V., DxO Labs, and Heptagon Oy.
Tessera Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tessera Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tessera Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tessera Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tessera Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tessera Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TESSERA TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tessera Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tessera Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tessera Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Tessera Technologies Inc. History
Tessera Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tessera Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Tessera Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tessera Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tessera Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tessera Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Tessera Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tessera Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tessera Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tessera Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tessera Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tessera Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tessera Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tessera Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?