- The report contains detailed information about Spire Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spire Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spire Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spire Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spire Corp. business.
About Spire Corp.
Spire Corporation engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of solutions for the solar industry, including individual pieces of manufacturing equipment and cell and module production, and testing.
The company also provides photovoltaic systems for application to powering buildings with connection to the utility grid. The companys biomedical business provides value-added surface treatments to manufacturers of orthopedic and other medical devices.
Products and Services
The companys main business is in the solar market, where the company provides individual pieces of manufacturing equipment, cell and module lines, cell supply, solar factory management services, and solar systems. It also operates smaller businesses in the semiconductor and biomedical device markets.
The company supplies manufacturing equipment and technology needed to manufacture solar photovoltaic power systems. The companys individual items of manufacturing equipment and its SPI-Line module production lines span the photovoltaic module fabrication process, which include sorting solar cells into performance groups; assembling and soldering strings of cells interconnected with metal ribbons or tabs; completing the module circuit by soldering bus ribbons to connect the strings together; cutting polymer, fiberglass and back cover to length, and assembling them with the glass and module circuit in preparation for encapsulation; laminating the module assembly and curing the encapsulating polymer; final assembly, including edge trimming, installing an edge gasket and frame, and attaching a junction box; performing a high voltage isolation between the cell circuit and the module frame; and electrically testing the module performance by measuring a current-voltage curve under simulated sunlight.
The companys primary customers have been new entrants in the solar PV market. These entrants are primarily local manufacturers that are encouraged to produce PV modules by governmental incentive programs. The company also sells individual equipment mostly to existing silicon module manufacturers, as well as certain pieces of its module equipment to thin film manufacturers, specifically lamination, and testing equipment.
Spire Semiconductor operates a semiconductor foundry and fabrication facility in Hudson, New Hampshire, equipped with metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) reactors, and fabrication equipment. Spire Semiconductor offers double- and triple-junction gallium arsenide (GaAs) solar cells and is working on a contract for the Department of Energys National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). The company has capacity for 25 MW of solar cell production. The company also has capabilities for fabricating thermo-photovoltaic (TPV) cells.
The company, through its Spire Biomedical subsidiary, provides medical device surface treatment processes for improvement of orthopedic and cardiovascular devices, enhancing properties, such as wear resistance, infection resistance, and thromboresistance.
Customers and Markets
The companys customers include Hanwha International LLC and Martifer Solar S.A. The company has equipment deployed in approximately 50 countries and has among its customers solar manufacturers, including First Solar, BP Solar, Canadian Solar, Trina Solar Energy, Evergreen Solar, and Solaria Energia.
In 2009, the company sold its medical products business unit, which develops and markets coated and uncoated hemodialysis catheters and related devices for the treatment of chronic kidney disease (the Medical Products Business Unit), to Bard Access Systems, Inc.
Spire Corporation was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPIRE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPIRE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPIRE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPIRE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPIRE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spire Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spire Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spire Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spire Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spire Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPIRE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPIRE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPIRE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPIRE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPIRE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPIRE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spire Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spire Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spire Corp. Major Shareholders
Spire Corp. History
Spire Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spire Corp. Offices and Representations
Spire Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spire Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spire Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Spire Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Spire Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spire Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spire Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spire Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Spire Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Spire Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spire Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spire Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?