- The report contains detailed information about Sigma Designs, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sigma Designs, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sigma Designs, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sigma Designs, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sigma Designs, Inc. business.
About Sigma Designs, Inc.
Sigma Designs, Inc. is a fabless provider of system-on-chip (or SoC) solutions that are used to deliver multimedia entertainment throughout the home. The company offers four separate product lines: media processors, home networking solutions, video image processors, and home automation solutions.
The companys media processor product line represents a family of SoC solutions that combine its semiconductors and software and are a main component of multiple consumer applications that process digital video and audio content, including Internet protocol television, or IPTV, connected media players and portable media players. The companys media processors provide high definition digital video decoding for multiple compression standards, graphics acceleration, audio decoding, and display control. The companys software provides control of media processing and system security management.
The company, in November 2009, acquired CopperGate Communications Ltd., or CopperGate. CopperGate is a provider of home networking technology consisting of silicon-based modem solutions enabling distribution of media-rich digital content over all three types of wires in the home: coax, phone, and power. CopperGate solutions are deployed by service providers such as AT&T enabling the delivery with in the home of high definition TV, or HDTV, voice over Internet protocol, or VoIP and fast Internet services. With the CopperGate acquisition, the company is a supplier of home entertainment and broadband access semiconductors with approximately 30 service providers globally in deployment.
The companys home networking product line consists of its wired networking solutions based on HomePNA and HomePlug AV standards, and wireless connectivity solutions based on Ultra-wideband, or UWB technology. The companys wired connectivity product-line, sold under the CopperGate brand, enables Internet protocol, or IP communication across phone lines, coax cables and power lines in order to enable service providers such as telecommunication carriers, cable operators and satellite providers to deliver IPTV solutions and other media-rich applications such as HDTV, VoIP and fast Internet throughout the home. The companys wireless UWB product line, sold under the CoAir and Windeo brands, provides a high bandwidth radio frequency, or RF, communication solution based on the WiMedia standard to enable connectivity of high definition video and audio signals primarily for interconnecting TVs, PCs and other consumer electronic products.
The companys video image processor product line, sold under the VXP brand, consists of standalone semiconductors that provide studio-quality video output for professional and prosumer applications. These applications include audio video receivers, broadcast studios, digital cinema, digital signage, front-projection home theatre televisions, HDTV, medical imaging, and video conferencing systems. The companys VXP product line targets the prosumer and industrial audio/video markets while the technology, integrated into its SoCs, provides a substantial feature enhancement for mainstream consumer applications.
The companys home automation product line consists of wireless transceiver devices along with a mesh networking protocol sold under the Z-Wave brand name. The companys Z-Wave products utilize a low-bitrate and low-power RF communication technology that provides an interoperable or connected home security, monitoring and automation solution, or SMA.
The companys primary target markets are IPTV, connected home technologies, connected media player, as well as prosumer and industrial audio/video. The IPTV market consists of consumer and commercial products that distribute and receive streaming video using Internet protocol. The connected home technologies market is served by its home networking and home automation product lines. The companys home networking products are used in IPTV set-top boxes, as well as residential gateways, optical network terminals, multi-dwelling unit, or MDU masters and network adapters. The companys home automation products are used in a variety of home control p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sigma Designs, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sigma Designs, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sigma Designs, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sigma Designs, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sigma Designs, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIGMA DESIGNS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sigma Designs, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sigma Designs, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sigma Designs, Inc. Major Shareholders
Sigma Designs, Inc. History
Sigma Designs, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sigma Designs, Inc. Offices and Representations
Sigma Designs, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sigma Designs, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sigma Designs, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sigma Designs, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Sigma Designs, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sigma Designs, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sigma Designs, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sigma Designs, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sigma Designs, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sigma Designs, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sigma Designs, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sigma Designs, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?