- The report contains detailed information about Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sanken Electric Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. business.
About Sanken Electric Co. Ltd.
Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of power semiconductor devices and power supply equipment. The company offers its products in Asia, North America, and Europe, to provide power supply system solutions, including in such peripheral areas as telecommunications, control, diagnosis, detection, protection and display.
The company conducts its business in three segments: semiconductor business segment, switching power supply business segment, and power supply equipment business segment.
Semiconductor Business Segment
The companys semiconductor business segment offers ICs, diodes, transistors, and other semiconductor products. Its optoelectronic devices, performed well, benefiting from ramping-up demand for CCFLs for use in LCD televisions, as well as a significant increase in demand for use in notebook PCs.
The company also offers light-emitting diodes (LEDs) in domestic and overseas demand for outdoor displays. It also offers Allegro Microsystems, whose principal markets are North America and Europe, which are offered in the automotive market, together with mobile phones and office automation equipment markets. The company offers through its semiconductor business partial resonance converters, which incorporate original Sanken circuit element technologies related to switching power supplies. These convertersused in items, such as LCD televisions, PDP-TVs and multifunctional printersfeature a power IC and transformer with multiple functions.
Switching Power Supply Business Segment
The switching power supply business segment provides AC adapters for notebook PCs. It also offers products, such as power supplies for LCD televisions and invertors for CCFLs, as well as power supplies for PDP-TVs. The company also offers power supply control ICs specifically for AC adapters.
The company offers switching power supplies for use in printers, PDP-TVs, and AC adapters for notebook PCs. The company offers its switching power supply business segment products in the office automation (OA) market.
Power Supply Equipment Business Segment
The company offers its power supplies for the telecommunications sector, especially base stations for third-generation (3G) mobile phone networks, sales of custom-made power supply equipment languished, owing to curtailment of public works spending. Furthermore, sales of general-purpose power supply equipment for uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs) and inverters for motor control.
Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. was founded in 1946 under the name Toho Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. The company changed its name to Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. in 1962.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SANKEN ELECTRIC CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. History
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sanken Electric Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?