- The report contains detailed information about PLX Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PLX Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PLX Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PLX Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PLX Technology Inc. business.
About PLX Technology Inc.
PLX Technology, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells integrated circuits that perform critical system connectivity functions. The company markets its products to customers that sell electronic systems in the server, enterprise storage, consumer storage, communications, PC peripheral, consumer, and embedded markets.
The company offers solutions consisting of semiconductor devices, software development kits, hardware design kits, operating system ports, and firmware solutions that enable added-value features in its products.
The companys products consist of interconnect semiconductor products, fully supported by the software and hardware kits that enable its customers to get to market with differentiated products.
PCI Express Switches: PCI Express is a point-to-point serial interconnect standard, it requires a switch to connect a single PCI Express port from a processor or chipset to multiple end-points. Applications include fan-out in servers and storage systems, dual graphics in gaming and workstation systems, control planes in networking and communications systems, and backplanes in embedded and industrial equipment. PLX switches allow aggregation of multi-channel Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, graphics, and SAS cards to the host. PLX switch products are offered in various configurations as requirements vary from one application to the next. The company is in the development of Gen 3 PCI Express supporting 8.0 Gigabits per second.
PCI Express Bridges: PCI Express Bridges enable conventional PCI products (32-bit/33 MHz, 32-bit/66 MHz and even 64-bit/133 MHz PCI-X) to be upgraded for use in new PCI Express systems. Applications using these bridge devices include servers, storage host bus adapters, graphics, TV tuners and security systems. The company also offers bridges that translate PCI Express to general purpose serial and parallel ports.
Direct Attached Storage (DAS): DAS devices are System-on-a-Chip (SOC) products that allow external storage to be connected to a PC through either a USB, 1394, or external Serial ATA connection. PLX products offer a range of connection possibilities, and the complete feature set, including single, dual, and quad hard disk connection, RAID, and encryption.
Network Attached Storage (NAS): NAS products provide storage that attaches to a Local Area Network (LAN). PLX NAS products are intended at the consumer/ small office/home office (SOHO) market, and are SOC devices that combine Ethernet, USB, PCI Express, and SATA ports with other standard interfaces necessary to complete a network appliance. PLX products include a PCI interface to create complete subsystems, a DDR DRAM interface, and on-chip capabilities such as TCP off-load, RAID, and encryption.
PCI Bridges: PLX offers a range of general purpose bridges that translate and extend the PCI bus. These products offer a bridge between the PCI and various other serial and parallel general purpose interfaces. The companys PCI-to-PCI bridges are chips that increase the number of peripheral devices that can be included in a microprocessor-based system. PLXs bridge product line spans the entire PCI range, from 32-bit 33MHz through 64-bit 66MHz, and includes 133MHz PCI-X devices.
USB Interface Chips: USB interface chips are used by computer peripherals to connect to a PC through an external cabled connection. The mainstream version of this spec, called USB 2.0, can be found on devices like multi-function printers, DVD camcorders, portable media players, portable navigation systems, digital cameras, PDAs, and hard disks. The companys USB interface chips offer connection to both PCI or to a generic interface, providing a connection that offers performance. The company is in development of products using USB 3.0 which offers 5.0 Gigabit per second transfers.
Sales and Marketing
The companys international network includes representatives in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Norway, People's Republic of China, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom. The company maintains a sales liaison office in the United Kingdom to service customers in Europe and the Middle East. The company also maintains sales liaison offices in Korea, Taiwan, and China to service customers in Korea, Southeast Asia and The People's Republic of China. The company also maintains a sales liaison office in Japan to service customers in Japan.
The company, in January 2009, acquired Oxford Semiconductor, Inc. (Oxford), a supplier of semiconductor components for the consumer and SOHO markets.
The company supplies its products to the companies in the server, enterprise and consumer storage, communications, pc peripheral, consumer and embedded markets, and approximately 1,000 electronic equipment manufacturers incorporate its semiconductor devices in their systems.
The companys principal products compete with standard products from companies, such as ASMedia, Cavium, Cortina, Cypress Semiconductor, Genesys Logic, Gennum, IDT, Initio, Intel, JMicron, LucidPoint, Marvell, MosChip, NEC, Pericom Semiconductor, NXP Semiconductor, Renesas, Symwave, and Texas Instruments. The company also experiences competition from ASIC suppliers, including Fujitsu, IBM, LSI Logic, NEC, and Toshiba, as well as from FPGA suppliers, including Actel, Altera, Atmel, Lattice, QuickLogic and Xilinx.
PLX Technology, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PLX Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PLX Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PLX Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PLX Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PLX Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLX TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PLX Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PLX Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PLX Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
PLX Technology Inc. History
PLX Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PLX Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
PLX Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PLX Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PLX Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PLX Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
PLX Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PLX Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PLX Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PLX Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PLX Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PLX Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PLX Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PLX Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?