- The report contains detailed information about Micron Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Micron Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Micron Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Micron Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Micron Technology Inc. business.
About Micron Technology Inc.
Micron Technology, Inc. engages in the manufacture and marketing of semiconductor devices, principally DRAM, NAND Flash and NOR Flash memory, as well as other memory technologies, packaging solutions, and semiconductor systems for use in computing, consumer, networking, embedded, and mobile products. In addition, the company manufactures semiconductor components for CMOS image sensors and other semiconductor products.
In 2010, the company had operations in two segments, Memory and Numonyx.
Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM): DRAM products are high-density, low-cost-per-bit, random access memory devices that provide high-speed data storage and retrieval. The company offers DRAM products with a variety of performance and other characteristics, including high-volume DDR3 and DDR2 products, as well as specialty DRAM memory products, including DDR, SDRAM, Mobile Low Power DRAM, PSRAM and RLDRAM.
DDR3 and DDR2: DDR3 and DDR2 are standardized, high-density, high-volume DRAM products that are sold primarily for use as main system memory in computers and servers. The company offers DDR3 products in 1 gigabit (Gb) and 2 Gb densities and DDR2 products in 256 megabit (Mb), 512 Mb, 1 Gb and 2 Gb densities.
Other DRAM products: The company also offers specialty DRAM memory products, including DDR, SDRAM, DDR and DDR2 Mobile Low Power DRAM (LPDRAM), Pseudo-static RAM (PSRAM) and Reduced Latency DRAM (RLDRAM), in densities ranging from 64 Mb to 2 Gb, which are used primarily in networking devices, servers, consumer electronics, communications equipment and computer peripherals, as well as computer memory upgrades.
NAND Flash memory (NAND): NAND products are electrically re-writeable, non-volatile semiconductor memory devices that retain content when power is turned off. NAND is used for mass-storage devices. Removable storage devices, such as USB and Flash memory cards, are used with applications such as personal computers, digital still cameras, MP3/4 players and mobile phones. Embedded NAND-based storage devices are utilized in mobile phones, MP3/4 players, computers, solid-state drives (SSDs), tablets, and other personal and consumer applications.
In 2010, the company offered SLC NAND products in 1 Gb, 2 Gb, 4 Gb and 8 Gb densities. In addition, it offered 8 Gb, 16 Gb, 32 Gb and 64 Gb 2-bit-per-cell MLC NAND products and 32 Gb and 64 Gb 3-bit-per-cell MLC NAND products.
The companys Lexar subsidiary sells high-performance digital media products and other flash-based storage products through retail and original equipment manufacturing (OEM) channels. Its digital media products include a variety of flash memory cards with a range of speeds, capacities and value-added features. The companys digital media products also include JumpDrive products, which are portable USB flash drives for consumer applications that serve a variety of uses, including floppy disk replacement and digital media accessories, such as card readers and image rescue software. It offers Flash memory cards in a variety of speeds and capacities and in all major media formats used by digital cameras and other electronic host devices, including CompactFlash, Memory Stick, and Secure Digital Cards.
NOR Flash Memory (NOR): NOR products are electrically re-writeable, non-volatile semiconductor memory devices that retain content when power is turned off, offer fast read times due to random access capability and have execute-in-place (XiP) capability, which enables processors to read NOR without first accessing RAM.
The company offers NOR in several product families to address different customer requirements for embedded and wireless applications. For embedded applications, Axcell NOR products feature memories that are divided into blocks that can be erased independently to allow valid data to be preserved while old data is erased and offer higher flexibility in code storage via both asymmetrical and symmetrical block architecture.
For wireless applications, the company offers NOR flash in several product families to address a variety of applications. M Family StrataFlash cellular
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Micron Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Micron Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Micron Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Micron Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Micron Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Micron Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Micron Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Micron Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Micron Technology Inc. History
Micron Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Micron Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Micron Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Micron Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Micron Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Micron Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Micron Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Micron Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Micron Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Micron Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Micron Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Micron Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Micron Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Micron Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?