- The report contains detailed information about Marvell Technology Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Marvell Technology Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Marvell Technology Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Marvell Technology Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. business.
About Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd., a semiconductor company, engages in the design, development, and sale of integrated circuits. The company provides application-specific standard products. It is developing system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices using its portfolio of intellectual property in the areas of analog, mixed-signal, digital signal processing, and embedded ARM-based microprocessor integrated circuits.
The companys product portfolio includes devices for data storage, enterprise-class Ethernet data switching, Ethernet physical-layer transceivers (PHY), handheld cellular, Ethernet-based wireless networking, personal area networking, Ethernet-based PC connectivity, control plane communications controllers, video-image processing, and power management solutions. Its products serve applications used in carrier, metropolitan, enterprise, and PC-client data communications and storage systems. Additionally, the company serves the consumer electronics market for the convergence of voice, video, and data applications.
The company provides PHY wired and wireless Ethernet-switching solutions that enable the data transmission between communications systems to manufacturers of high-speed networking and wireless equipment, including Asustek Computer Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Hewlett Packard Company, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Juniper Networks, Inc., Brocade Communication Systems, Inc., Intel Corporation, and NETGEAR, Inc.
Products and Markets
The company targets computers, communications-related equipment, and consumer devices that require integrated mixed-signal devices for high-speed data storage, transmission and management. It also targets a range of electronic products that can utilize its power management solutions. The companys product offerings are primarily targeted at three end markets: enterprise and infrastructure communications networks, the converged digital home, and converged mobility.
The company offers its customers in these markets a range of integrated circuit solutions using proprietary communications mixed-signal processing (CMSP) and digital signal processing technologies. The devices the company develops usually incorporate similar building blocks of intellectual property, including ARM-based CPUs, wired or wireless communication intellectual property, data switching fabrics, and a variety of peripheral interfaces.
The company offers a range of storage products targeted for hard disk drives, tape drive electronics, optical disk drives, solid-state flash drives, and storage subsystems technology. It offers both discrete components targeted at specific storage-class requirements, as well as complex SoC solutions, which integrate multiple functional blocks onto a single device.
Storage System-on-a-Chip: The companys integrated drive electronics platform is a flexible SoC solution. It provides Storage SoC solutions for enterprise, desktop, and mobile storage systems. The companys SoC products incorporate the read channel, hard disk controller (HDC), embedded memory, and one or more Marvell designed ARM-microprocessors into a single integrated circuit.
Read Channel: A read channel is a mixed-signal integrated circuit that provides the interface between the analog signals stored on magnetic disk drives and the digital signals that computers can understand and manipulate. Read channel performance is measured as a function of the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). The higher the SNR value of a read channel circuit, the better the circuit is able to separate valid data from system induced noise. The companys read channel devices utilize various signaling algorithms, including advanced partial response maximum likelihood (Advanced PMRL) or the low density parity check (LDPC) algorithm.
Hard Disk Controller: A HDC is an integrated circuit that provides input/output (I/O), interface control between the hard disk drive read channel, servo motor controller and the host system. The HDC consists of a buffer controller, multi-core ARM-based CPUs, a disk formatter and host bus interface. The company supports various host system interfaces, including serial advanced technol
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. History
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?