- The report contains detailed information about Dialog Semiconductor Plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dialog Semiconductor Plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dialog Semiconductor Plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dialog Semiconductor Plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dialog Semiconductor Plc business.
About Dialog Semiconductor Plc
Dialog Semiconductor Plc provides mixed signal integrated circuits (ICs) for wireless, automotive and industrial applications. The company's products are used in display systems, such as smart phones, multimedia handsets; personal media players, and personal navigation systems. Its solutions address two major markets: mobile handset and portable electronic devices, and automotive and industrial electronics. It has operations in Austria, Hungary, China, Germany, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
Power management and audio ICs: The company designs chips used in mobile phones and other portable devices. It developed approximately 50 different power management designs for the mobile phone manufacturers and portable consumer OEMs. These designs offer unprecedented integration with multiple power management and analogue functions on the chip, including programmable LDOs (low drop-out voltage regulators), DC-DC voltage converters, intelligent battery charging circuits, software programmable LED drivers, sensor ADCs, USB interfaces, and multichannel audio capabilities.
Display drivers and related-system ICs: The company focuses on developing drivers for always-on display technologies, such as e-paper, MEMS and OLED-based technologies.
Automotive and industrial system ICs: The company supplies ICs to various car manufacturers. It provides technology for windscreen wipers, electric windows and motorised seat belts, and its partnership with various manufacturers has resulted in chips which can be connected direct to a car battery without external protection circuits. It is pursuing the Systems-on-Chip integration of advanced 32-bit microprocessors for products that require signal processing for automotive sensing applications. The companys single-chip solutions for industrial systems integrate microprocessors with high-voltage, low-power circuits which allow dimming and power factor correction used for fluorescent and high intensity lamps.
Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs): The companys ASICs form the basis for highly-integrated control chips for smart power electronic systems, in applications, such as computer and mobile communications systems. They are ideal for situations in which chips have to be highly integrated and also have the ability to control high voltages intelligently using digital circuits on the same chip. It works in partnership with the silicon foundries which manufacture its ASIC solutions, to ensure that its customers have access to the latest CMOS processes, as well as to the foundries capacity.
The company's power management, audio and display semiconductor solutions are designed to meet the needs of wireless, automotive, and industrial system markets.
The company's power management and audio processing chip designs are incorporated by approximately 700 million mobile phone handsets. Its mixed signal circuit design helps manufacturers to deliver a range of integrated chip and system-level solutions for mobile and cellular handsets, and to satisfy the requirements of 2.5G, 3G, GPRS and CDMA wireless systems. Its products employ silicon and packaging technologies.
The company focuses its semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry on safety and comfort electronics. Working with its customers, the company develops Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) or custom chips for systems which support safety and comfort for the car driver and passengers, such as windscreen wiper motor controller, seatbelt adjusters and intelligent battery management. The company also works in partnership with automotive manufacturers on the development of high-voltage (40V) System-on- Chips (SoC) which, on the same silicon, include a microcontroller, embedded flash memory, high-voltage devices, and analog components.
The company offers a range of mixed signal components for industrial systems, including dimming, control, sensor and power management ASICs for use in lighting systems, and single-chip solutions for intelligent control of fluorescent lamps. It supplies these customers with standard or Application-Specific IC (ASIC) products through a combination of direct sales and specialist independent sales representatives.
The company's products and solutions meet the needs of original equipment manufacturers. Its principal customers are wireless communications, consumer electronics, and industrial and automotive equipment manufacturers. Its major customers include Sony Ericsson Mobile Communication, Apple, RIM, Asus, Sharp, Motorola, Bosch, Tridonic ATCO, Siemens, Continental, Adtran, and Qualcomm.
The company and TridonicAtco, a member of the Zumtobel Group, have established a joint development centre for next generation lighting technology.
On September 5, 2009, Dialog Semiconductor Plc announced it has partnered with Harman Becker, the Harman International Automotive Division, in the development of the DA6001 power management IC as a companion device for the Intel Atom processor.
On October 5, 2009, Dialog Semiconductor plc has collaborated with NEC Electronics Corp. to develop a design platform based on NEC Electronics' multimedia processor system-on-chips (SoCs) and Dialog's power management platform ICs.
Dialog Semiconductor Plc was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dialog Semiconductor Plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dialog Semiconductor Plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dialog Semiconductor Plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dialog Semiconductor Plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dialog Semiconductor Plc Industry Position Analysis
6. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Major Shareholders
Dialog Semiconductor Plc History
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Offices and Representations
Dialog Semiconductor Plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Capital Market Snapshot
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dialog Semiconductor Plc 1-year Stock Charts
Dialog Semiconductor Plc 5-year Stock Charts
Dialog Semiconductor Plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dialog Semiconductor Plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dialog Semiconductor Plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?