- The report contains detailed information about ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. business.
About ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD.
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda), LTD., together with its subsidiaries, provides testing and assembly services for liquid crystal display (LCD), and other flat-panel display driver semiconductors and memory and mixed-signal products in Taiwan, Mainland China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and the United States. The company also offers a selection of leadframe-based and organic substrate-based package assembly services for memory and logic/mixed-signal semiconductors.
The companys leadframe-based packages include thin small outline packages, or TSOPs, and its organic substrate-based packages include fine-pitch ball grid array, or fine-pitch BGA, packages. In addition, the company provides gold bumping, testing, and assembly services for LCD and other flat-panel display driver semiconductors by employing tape carrier package, chip-on-film, and chip-on-glass technologies.
Memory and Mixed-Signal Semiconductors
The company provides testing services for memory and mixed-signal semiconductors.
Memory: The company provides testing services for various memory semiconductors, such as SRAM, DRAM and flash memory. To speed up the time-consuming process of memory product testing, the company provides multi-site testing, which can test up to 512 devices simultaneously. The memory semiconductors the company test are used primarily in desktop computers, notebook computers and handheld consumer electronic devices and wireless communication devices.
Logic/Mixed-Signal: The company conducts tests on a variety of mixed-signal semiconductors, with lead counts ranging from the single digits to approximately 1024 and operating frequencies of up to 600 MHz. The semiconductors the company tests include those used for networking and wireless communications, data communications, graphics and disk controllers for home entertainment and personal computer applications. The company also tests various application specific integrated circuits, or ASICs, for applications such as cellular handsets, digital still cameras and personal digital assistants.
Engineering Testing: The company provides engineering testing services, including software program development, electrical design validation, reliability and failure analyses.
Software Program Development: Design and test engineers develop a customized software program and related hardware to test semiconductors on advanced testing equipment. A customized software program is required to test the conformity of each particular semiconductor to its particular function and specification.
Electrical Design Validation: A prototype of the designed semiconductor is submitted to electrical tests using advanced test equipment, customized software programs and related hardware. These tests assess whether the prototype semiconductor complies with various different operating specifications, including functionality, frequency, voltage, current, timing, and temperature range.
Reliability Analysis: Reliability analysis is designed to assess the long-term reliability of the semiconductor and its suitability of use for its intended applications.
Failure Analysis: As part of this analysis, the prototype semiconductor may be subjected to various tests, including electron beam probing and electrical testing.
Wafer Probing: Wafer probing is the step immediately before the assembly of semiconductors and involves visual inspection and electrical testing of the processed wafer for defects to ensure that it meets its customers specifications.
Laser Repairing: In laser repairing of memory products, specific poly or metal fuses are blown after wafer probing to enable a spare row or column of a memory cell to replace a defective memory cell.
After assembly, the company performs the following testing services:
Burn-In Testing: This process screens out unreliable products using high temperature, high voltage, and prolonged stress to ensure that finished products would survive a long period of end-user service. This process is used only for memory products.
Top Marking: By using either a laser marker or an ink marker, the company marks products according to its customers specifications,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHIPMOS TECHNOLOGIES (BERMUDA) LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Major Shareholders
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. History
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Offices and Representations
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Capital Market Snapshot
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. 1-year Stock Charts
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. 5-year Stock Charts
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?