- The report contains detailed information about Cascade Microtech Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cascade Microtech Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cascade Microtech Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cascade Microtech Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cascade Microtech Inc. business.
About Cascade Microtech Inc.
Cascade Microtech, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets wafer probing and test socket solutions for the electrical measurement high performance chips.
The company designs, manufactures, and sells multiple product lines, including engineering probe stations, analytical probes, production probe cards, test sockets, and various services.
Engineering Probe Stations: The company offers engineering probe stations for 300mm, 200mm, and 150mm or smaller wafer sizes. Its engineering probe stations are available in either manual or semiautomatic versions. The company also offers probe station accessories, including thermal control systems, microscopes, lasers, cameras, special cables, and connectors and other items.
In January 2010, the company acquired Suss MicroTec Test Systems GmbH (Suss Test), a wholly owned subsidiary of Suss MicroTec AG., based near Dresden, Germany. The companys acquisition of Suss Test expands its portfolio of engineering probing products, as well as provides engineering and technical resources to develop and support emerging chip requirements.
Analytical Probes: The company offers approximately 50 different analytical probe models for engineering and production testing. Its Infinity series probes are designed with probe tips derived from its proprietary lithographic manufacturing technology, enabling electrical contacts on aluminum and copper pads. The companys acquisition of Suss Test expands its offerings of analytical probes to include radio frequency (RF) probes for higher and lower temperatures and for higher powers.
Production Probe Cards: The companys Pyramid Probe Card product line offers high electrical speed performance. It is commonly used in wireless chip applications.
Test Sockets: The companys test socket product line also excels at chip applications. During 2009, the company expanded the Grypper line of device-footprint test sockets with the G40 Grypper and G80 Grypper.
Services: In addition to routine installation services at the time of sale, the company offers services to enable its customers to maintain and utilize its equipment and to enhance its customer relationships.
The company sells its products through a combination of manufacturers representatives, distributors, and direct sales people. Its products are used by semiconductor manufacturers, test subcontractors, research organizations and designers.
The companys customers include Avago Technologies, Canon, Cree, Epcos AG, Fujitsu, Global Foundries, Hitachi, IBM, Inari Technology, Infineon, Intel Corporation, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Peregrine Semiconductor, Qualcomm, RF Micro Devices, Sony, ST Microelectronics, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, and Tokyo University.
The company has global sales, service and support centers in North America, Germany, Japan, Taiwan, China, and Singapore. In North America and Asia, excluding Japan, Singapore, China and Taiwan, the company sells its products through manufacturers representatives and distributors. In Japan, the company sells through Cascade Microtech Japan, K.K., its direct sales and service subsidiary. In Singapore, the company sells through its branch office, Cascade Microtech Singapore. In most of Europe, the company primarily sells its Systems products through distributors and manufacturers representatives and sells its Probes and Sockets products directly. It also sells its products directly in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland through its German subsidiaries. In other countries, the company typically sells through manufacturers representatives or distributors.
Engineering Probe Stations: The companys primary competitors include Vector Semiconductor Co. Ltd., Lucas/Signatone Corporation, The Micromanipulator Company Inc., and Wentworth Laboratories Inc.
Analytical Probes: The companys primary competitor in the analytical probe market is GGB Industries Inc.
Production Probe Cards: The companys Pyramid Probe cards compete with product offerings of other probe card vendors, including Feinmetall GmbH, FormFactor Inc., GGB Industries Inc., Japan Electronic Materials Corporation, Micronics Japan Company, Ltd., MicroProbe Inc., Micro Square Technology Inc., PHICOM Corporation, SV Probe Inc., Technoprobe S.r.l., Tokyo Cathode Laboratory Company Ltd., and Wentworth Laboratories Inc.
Test Sockets:The company competes with Everett Charles Technologies, Ironwood Electronics, Johnstech International, Loranger International Corporation, Micronics Japan Company, Ltd., Plastronics, and Interconnect Devices, Inc.
Cascade Microtech, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cascade Microtech Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cascade Microtech Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cascade Microtech Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cascade Microtech Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cascade Microtech Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CASCADE MICROTECH INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cascade Microtech Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cascade Microtech Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cascade Microtech Inc. Major Shareholders
Cascade Microtech Inc. History
Cascade Microtech Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cascade Microtech Inc. Offices and Representations
Cascade Microtech Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cascade Microtech Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cascade Microtech Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cascade Microtech Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Cascade Microtech Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cascade Microtech Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cascade Microtech Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cascade Microtech Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cascade Microtech Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cascade Microtech Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cascade Microtech Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cascade Microtech Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?