- The report contains detailed information about Atheros Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Atheros Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Atheros Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Atheros Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Atheros Communications Inc. business.
About Atheros Communications Inc.
Atheros Communications, Inc. develops semiconductor system solutions for communications products. The company develops technologies for wireless and wired communications products that are used by a base of customers, including manufacturers of personal computers (PCs), networking equipment for digital home, small office/home office (SOHO), enterprise and carrier deployments, and consumer electronics for home and mobile applications.
Products and Technology
The companys product portfolio includes solutions for wireless local area network (WLAN), mobile WLAN, Ethernet, Bluetooth, global positioning system (GPS), and powerline communications (PLC).
The company ships WLAN semiconductors, hardware designs, and software for WLAN applications. It offers customers guidelines known as reference designs that can be used to design various systems, including networking cards and routers, broadband gateways, mobile devices, and handsets. The companys WLAN solutions provide standards-compliant connectivity and other features, such as substantial throughput and range enhancements to support video, voice, and outdoor broadband access. The companys products support various encryption and authentication security standards, including the Wi-Fi Protected Setup network management protocols, operating systems, and interfaces to non-computing environments, such as consumer electronics.
The company provides a portfolio of single and multi-chip WLAN products ranging from entry-level wireless networking products for the PC and SOHO markets to wireless infrastructure systems-on-chip (SoCs) with advanced network management capabilities for the enterprise networking market. The companys wireless systems solutions target applications in the PCs, enterprise access, broadband gateway, SOHO networking, consumer electronics, and mobile communications markets. The companys WLAN products support the IEEE family of WLAN standards, including 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n. The company provides the following WLAN system solutions:
Radio-on-a-chip (RoC): RoC is a CMOS radio transmitter and receiver for either or both of the frequency bands in which its products operate and is primarily an analog RF circuit.
MAC + Baseband: C + Baseband is an implementation of mixed signal circuitry containing low frequency analog circuits and data converters integrated with a digital interface, media access controller (MAC) and baseband processor. The MAC contains a silicon implementation to support the protocol for network communications.
Network Processing Unit (NPU): NPU is a processor which supports various clock speeds and network interfaces. The NPU is typically used in products that provide wireless networking infrastructure solution.
Wireless system-on-a-chip (WiSoC): WiSoC incorporates an integrated MAC + baseband with a network processor and network interfaces. In 2008, the company began shipping its single-chip WiSoC with an integrated Ethernet switch to support products that provide wireless networking infrastructure solutions.
Single-chip solutions: Single-chip solutions are integrated wireless solutions, including one or more ROCs, MACs, baseband processors and optionally, a network processor and network interfaces. The companys WLAN products key features are:
XSPAN products utilize multiple radio streams and smart antenna technologies, including multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) designs. The companys XSPAN family of products is designed to meet the IEEE 802.11n standard, backwards compatible to the 802.11abg standards, and is part of the Wi-Fi Alliance 11n certification test bed. The companys XSPAN solution, XSPAN with Signal Sustain Technology-3 (SST3) uses a triple-radio, 3-stream design on a single chip. The companys XSPAN solutions deliver approximately 450 megabits per second (Mbps) physical data rate in each radio band.
Align solutions are based on the IEEE 802.11n standard for 1-stream implementations, and deliver approximately 150 Mbps physical data rate. Align solutions are backwards compatible to the 802.11bg standards, and compatible to single and multi-stream implementations of t
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Atheros Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Atheros Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Atheros Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Atheros Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Atheros Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ATHEROS COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Atheros Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Atheros Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Atheros Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Atheros Communications Inc. History
Atheros Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Atheros Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Atheros Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Atheros Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Atheros Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Atheros Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Atheros Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Atheros Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Atheros Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Atheros Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Atheros Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Atheros Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Atheros Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Atheros Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?