Analog Devices Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Analog Devices Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Analog Devices Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Analog Devices Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Analog Devices Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Analog Devices Inc. business.
About Analog Devices Inc.
Analog Devices, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing integrated circuits used in industrial, communication, computer, and consumer applications worldwide.
The companys signal processing products translate real-world phenomena, such as light, sound, temperature, motion, and pressure into electrical signals to be used in a range of electronic equipment. Used by approximately 60,000 customers worldwide, the companys products are embedded inside various types of electronic equipment, including industrial process controls; factory automation systems; instrumentation; energy management systems; defense electronics; automobiles; medical imaging equipment; portable wireless communications devices; cellular basestations; central office networking equipment; computers; digital cameras; and digital televisions. It produces a range of products that are designed to meet the signal processing technology needs of a base of customers.
The company designs, manufactures, and markets a line of ICs that incorporate analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing technologies. The companys ICs are designed to address a range of real-world signal processing applications. Across the entire range of its product portfolio are both general-purpose products used by a range of customers and applications, as well as application-specific products designed for specific clusters of customers in key target markets
The companys analog signal processing ICs are generally defined as devices that support a minimum of 10-bits of accuracy and a minimum of 50 megahertz of speed. Its analog IC customers include both original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and customers who build electronic subsystems for integration into larger systems.
The company primarily sells data converters and amplifiers. Data converters translate real-world analog signals into digital data and also translate digital data into analog signals. Amplifiers are used to condition analog signals and minimize noise. The company provides high speed, precision, RF, broadband, instrumentation, and other amplifiers. It also offers a portfolio of comparators that are used in various applications.
The companys analog technology also includes a portfolio of RF ICs covering the entire RF signal chain from RF function blocks to highly integrated WI-MAX and short-range single chip transceiver solutions. The company has sold its RF ICs principally for cellular infrastructure and point-to-point applications.
The companys analog technology portfolio also includes products using an advanced IC technology known in the industry as surface micromachining, which is used to produce semiconductor products known as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). In addition to incorporating an electro-mechanical structure, these devices also have analog circuitry for conditioning signals obtained from the sensing element. The companys iMEMS product portfolio includes accelerometers used to sense acceleration, gyroscopes used to sense rotation, and MEMS microphones used to capture audio sounds. The company also offers power management and reference products.
Digital Signal Processing Products
The company's product portfolio also includes digital signal processors (DSPs), which are optimized for high-speed numeric calculations, which are essential for real-time, processing of digital data generated, in most cases from analog to digital signal conversion. The companys DSP products are designed to be programmable and to execute specialized software programs, or algorithms, associated with processing digitized real-time, real-world data. The companys general-purpose DSP IC customers typically write their own algorithms using software development tools that it provides and software development tools they obtain from third-party suppliers. The companys DSPs are designed in families of products that share a common architecture and therefore can execute the same software.
Markets and Applications
The company's major markets include industrial; communications; consumer; and computer.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANALOG DEVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANALOG DEVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANALOG DEVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANALOG DEVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANALOG DEVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Analog Devices Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Analog Devices Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Analog Devices Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Analog Devices Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductor Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Analog Devices Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANALOG DEVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANALOG DEVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANALOG DEVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANALOG DEVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANALOG DEVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANALOG DEVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Analog Devices Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Analog Devices Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Analog Devices Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Analog Devices Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Analog Devices Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Analog Devices Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Analog Devices Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Analog Devices Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Analog Devices Inc. Major Shareholders
Analog Devices Inc. History
Analog Devices Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Analog Devices Inc. Offices and Representations
Analog Devices Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Analog Devices Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Analog Devices Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Analog Devices Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductor Industry Statistics
Analog Devices Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Analog Devices Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?