- The report contains detailed information about Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. business.
About Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and supports industrial power conversion products that transform power into various usable forms. The companys products enable manufacturing processes that use thin-film deposition for various products, such as semiconductor devices, flat panel displays, solar panels, and architectural glass, as well as grid-tie power conversion in the solar market.
The company's products are used in various markets, applications, and processes, including the manufacture of capital equipment for semiconductor devices and for other thin film applications, including flat panel displays, solar panels, data storage, architectural glass, and other industrial product coatings, as well as the commercial solar inverter market.
Products and Services
The companys products fall primarily into the categories of Power Conversion, Flow Control Technologies and Thermal Instrumentation. It also provides repair and maintenance services for all of its products.
The companys power conversion systems include direct (DC), pulsed DC mid frequency, and radio frequency (RF) power supplies, matching networks and RF instrumentation, as well as a line of photovoltaic (PV) energy inverters that offer transformerless, grid-tie PV solution for commercial system installations. Its PV inverter is designed to convert DC power from standard solar arrays to AC grid electricity enabling commercial installations to produce targeted output power levels. The companys power conversion systems refine, modify and control the raw electrical power from a utility and convert it into power that is customized, predictable and repeatable. Its power conversion systems are primarily used by semiconductor, solar panel and similar thin-film manufacturers, including flat panel display, data storage and architectural glass manufacturers.
Flow Control Technologies
The companys flow control technology products include thermal mass flow controllers (MFCs), pressure insensitive MFCs (PI-MFCs), pressure-based MFCs, liquid MFCs, liquid vapor delivery systems, and pressure control systems. Its flow control technology products control or monitor the flow of liquids, liquid vapor, and gases encompassing a range of input pressures. The companys flow control technology products are primarily used in semiconductor, flat panel display and solar module manufacturing. They are also used in other industrial thin-film applications, and the fiber optics and silica industries.
The companys thermal instrumentation products, used primarily in the semiconductor industry, provide thermal management and control solutions for applications in which time-temperature cycles affect productivity and yield. They are used in thermal processing, chemical vapor deposition, and other semiconductor and solar applications requiring non-contact temperature measurement.
Global Support Services
The companys global support services group offers in-warranty and out-of-warranty repair services in the regions that it operate, also providing it with preventive maintenance opportunities.
Markets, Applications, and Customers
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Market: The companys power conversion systems provide the energy to enable thin-film processes such as deposition and etch. Its thermal instrumentation products measure the temperature of the process chamber.
Solar Panel Capital Equipment Market: The company sells its products to OEMs and manufacturers of solar cells who use its products to produce thin-films using silicon substrates, as well as glass or metal substrates. Its RF and DC power supply and flow products are designed for use in these CVD and PVD tools. Its products are used in all thin film solar cell technologies, including amorphous and microcrystalline silicon, copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS), and cadmium telluride (CdTe).
Flat Panel Display Capital Equipment Market: The company sells its products to OEMs and manufacturers of flat panel displays, which use thin film deposition processes similar to those employed in manufacturing semiconductor integrated circuits.
Data Storage Capital Equipment Market: The company sells products to OEMs and manufacturers of data storage equipment for use in producing various products, including optical disks, such as CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray; and magnetic storage, such as computer hard discs, including both magnetic media and thin-film heads. These products use a PVD process to produce optical and magnetic thin-film layers as well as a protective-wear layer.
Architectural Glass Capital Equipment Market: The company sells its products to OEMs and to producers of Low Emissivity or Low-E architectural glass.
Industrial Products Capital Equipment Market: The company sells its products to OEMs and manufacturers who use thin film deposition processes to produce products for various industrial markets.
Commercial Solar Inverter Market: The company sells commercial solar inverters to integrators who integrate its Solaron inverter into their solar array installations. The Solaron converts DC power, which is produced by the solar panels in the array, into AC power for consumption on-site or to be sold back through the public utility grid.
The companys products are sold worldwide to approximately 300 OEMs and integrators and directly to approximately 1,000 end users. Its customer includes Applied Materials Inc.
The company sells its products primarily through direct sales personnel to customers in the United States, Europe and Asia. Its sales personnel are located in the United States, China, England, Germany, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
The companys competitors include MKS Instruments, Comdel, Daihen Kyosan, Hüttinger Electronics, SMA America, Inc., Schneider Electronics, Siemens, and SatCon.
On October 4, 2010, Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. announced a strategic expansion of its operations in Ontario, Canada. The expansion includes the creation of a legal entity in Ontario, Canada to provide local support to its customers in the region.
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADVANCED ENERGY INDUSTRIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Major Shareholders
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. History
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Offices and Representations
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?