- The report contains detailed information about Valcom, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Valcom, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Valcom, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Valcom, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Valcom, Inc. business.
About Valcom, Inc.
ValCom, Inc. operates as a diversified entertainment company. The company engages in television production for network and syndication programming, motion pictures, and real estate holdings, lease of sound stages and production.
As of September 30, 2009, the companys operations included various divisions, including broadcasting; film and TV program production division; live theatre and event division; distribution; and real estate and other broadcast event auctions.
The company owns Faith TV LLC, a Christian TV network operating through 65 television broadcast affiliates and through IPTV & LPTV networks. My Family TV is a family oriented network with a core established audience and broadcasts to approximately 50m households on full-time and part-time through its affiliate network. My Family TV is a new network created for American families, broadcasting approximately 80 movies per month. In 2009, the company launched Kid Mango, a daily 3 hour kids block in a venture with Porchlight Entertainment which is carried on Sky Angel, iLife and on the ION digital channel and featuring major kids programs, including Emmy Award winning titles, such as Jakkers, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, and Denis the Menace.
The company has a library of approximately 1,000 films, approximately 200 episodic TV series and approximately 500 individual TV one-off specials and documentary programs.
The company, through its joint venture with New Global Communications, Inc., owns a 45% equity interest in ValCom Broadcasting, LLC, a New York limited liability company, which operates KVPS (Channel 8), an independent television broadcaster in the Palm Springs, California market.
FILM AND TV PROGRAM PRODUCTION DIVISION
The companys business includes television production for network and syndication programming, motion pictures, and real estate holdings. Its clients include Paramount Pictures, Don Belisarious Productions, Warner Brothers, Universal Studios, MGM, HBO, NBC, 20th Century Fox, Disney, CBS, Sony, Showtime, the USA Network, the Game Show Network, Endemol, BET Home Shopping Network, and Sullivan Studios.
ValCom has developed and produced various live action series pilots and full length feature film projects, such as PCH (Pacific Coast Highway), One Deadly Road and
the 40 episode TV series AJ's Time Travelers.
ValCom's Studio Division is composed of its studio at 14375 Myerlake Circle, Clearwater, Florida which houses a production studio, broadcast facilities, recording studios, production design construction, animation and post-production. Corporate offices are located at 2113A Indian Rocks Beach, Florida. In 2009, Valcom produced the documentary feature film Michel Legrand is Music.
LIVE THEATRE AND EVENT DIVISION
The company has a live theatre division responsible for bringing live shows and events to fruition. It produces a live theatre event based on Michel Legrand.
The company, through Valencia Entertainment International operates a distribution and syndication service to producers and thus acquire content for its networks at little or no cost with its ability to guarantee TV broadcast and provide a launch for further home entertainment distribution on DVD and on-demand channels through it other relationships.
ValCom owns a substantial library of television content with approximately 1000 films and it also acquires third party film and TV programming, which it distributes through Valencia Entertainment International. Valcom's library also contains 5000 music titles, with some of the original records of the Platters, Elvis and Ike and Tina Turner.
Valencia Entertainment has an agreement with Porchlight Distribution Inc. from Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, for the worldwide distribution of all 40 episodes of A.J.'s Time Travelers.
In 2008, Valcom signed a production and distribution agreement with XFC, the mixed martial arts promoter for the editing and world-wide distribution of 13 one hour shows featuring live events promoted by XFC.
REAL ESTATE AND OTHER BROADCAST EVENT AUCTIONS
In 2009, Valcom pioneered the process of live event auctions covering a range of events for TV broadcast and live webcast. Combining the expertise in TV production, live event promotion and as the owner of a broadcast TV network, the opportunity offers a synergistic approach to such events.
In October 2010, Capstone Industries, Inc. announced the signing of a joint venture agreement with Valcom, Inc. and their network, My Family TV. Capstone would provide Valcom with a select group of its consumer products to be offered on direct response commercials and/or infomercials with the two parties sharing profits from sales.
ValCom, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VALCOM, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VALCOM, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VALCOM, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VALCOM, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VALCOM, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Valcom, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Valcom, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Valcom, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Valcom, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Valcom, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VALCOM, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VALCOM, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VALCOM, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VALCOM, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VALCOM, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VALCOM, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Valcom, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Valcom, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Valcom, Inc. Major Shareholders
Valcom, Inc. History
Valcom, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Valcom, Inc. Offices and Representations
Valcom, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Valcom, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Valcom, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Valcom, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Valcom, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Valcom, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Valcom, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Valcom, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Valcom, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Valcom, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Valcom, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Valcom, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?