- The report contains detailed information about Salon City Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Salon City Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Salon City Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Salon City Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Salon City Inc. business.
About Salon City Inc.
Salon City, Inc. engages in publishing activities. The company publishes Salon City Star magazine, which is a trade/consumer magazine for salons, spas, and their clients.
Salon City Magazine
The company sells the magazine through national retailers, and internationally in approximately 30 countries, including, Australia, Dubai, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
The company sells a digital edition of its Starmagazine in its Internet site, www.saloncity.com. Additional media products are being planned to be sold on the site, including a professional-publication and regularly produced webisodes of Salon Citys new TV program featuring original content.
Projects in Development
Salon Citys Beautymaker Magazine: The companys professional trade magazine, Beautymaker would be featured in selected salons and distributed and sold by its network of distributors. Beautymaker features artists and educators from the industry and would attract the professional advertisers.
Salon City Network Affiliates (Professional Beauty Distributors): The company intends to establish a network of independent distributors across North America and internationally under the Salon City Network banner. Distributors would be selected and licensed to represent Salon Cityin an agreed to region.
Press Events, SunFun Conference and Salon City Expos: The company produces Press Events around the United States. It produced SunFun Conference and other programs in places such as Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and Las Vegas. It intends to have the Salon Citybrand seen and experienced through these events, with initial emphasis being focused on domestic markets, such as Los Angeles, New York, Washington, DC, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Las Vegasand a host of other cities.
World Beautymaker Awards: The company is in the process of developing an original content awards event, the World Beautymaker Awards. The World Beautymaker Awards would be preceded by local Beautymaker of the Year events in regional areas where the company has distribution partners.
Media Artists Group (MAG): The company helps publicize individual salon professionals who have been members of its media artists group, MAG. These members are selected for their ability to communicate well and their desire to have recognition through Salon City's media outlets.
The companys magazine competes with Vanity Fair, Vogue, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan.
Salon City, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SALON CITY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SALON CITY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SALON CITY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SALON CITY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SALON CITY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Salon City Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Salon City Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Salon City Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Salon City Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Salon City Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SALON CITY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SALON CITY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SALON CITY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SALON CITY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SALON CITY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SALON CITY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Salon City Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Salon City Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Salon City Inc. Major Shareholders
Salon City Inc. History
Salon City Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Salon City Inc. Offices and Representations
Salon City Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Salon City Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Salon City Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Salon City Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Salon City Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Salon City Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Salon City Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Salon City Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Salon City Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Salon City Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Salon City Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Salon City Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?