- The report contains detailed information about Salon Media Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Salon Media Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Salon Media Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Salon Media Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Salon Media Group Inc. business.
About Salon Media Group Inc.
Salon Media Group, Inc. operates as an Internet media company that produces a content Web site with various subject-specific sections.
The companys online news, social networking, and Internet publishing operations provide journalism and a forum for discussing Internet media company events and contemporary social political issues. The Web site also hosts two online communities, Table Talk and The Well, as well as Open Salon, a blogging social network. The Web site also allows for audio downloads and video clips.
The main entry and navigation point to its primary subject-specific sections is the companys home page at www.salon.com. Built around multiple daily features, such as War Room, Since you Asked, Broadsheet, How the World Works, Ask the Pilot, and daily blogs by Glenn Greenwald and Joan Walsh, it provides updated array of news, features, interviews, columnists, and blogs, including the following:
News & Politics: The company News & Politics features breaking stories, investigative journalism, and commentary, as well as interviews with newsmakers, politicians, and pundits. News features its War Room, a daily politics blog.
Opinion: Opinion features provocative commentary on issues, including daily blogs by Glenn Greenwald, Joan Walsh and Joe Conason, and periodic columns by authoritative voices of the blogosphere.
Technology & Business: Technology & Business provides smart, opinionated coverage of Internet news, and digital culture from technology writers, along with features about the business world and the economy. It features Patrick Smith's regular Ask the Pilot column, Andrew Leonards How the World Works blog, and shared content from the GigaOM network.
Movies: The companys Movie Page spotlights film reviews, especially critics picks, and provides readers an ability to check movie show times, buy tickets or purchase DVDs, and features reviews from film critics Andrew OHehir and Mary Elizabeth Williams.
Life: Life features articles by thought-provoking writers about family life, motherhood, and women's lives and issues, as well as the womens news digest Broadsheet. Cary Tennis' advice column, Since You Asked, appears daily.
Books: Books includes ahead-of-the-curve daily book reviews and interviews with interesting writers.
Food: The companys new Food section, headed by writer Francis Lam. It targets to be an enlightening, unpretentious, and fun resource where readers are treated to an array of fascinating and sometimes unexpected food topics, stories, recipes, and personal experiences.
Comics: The Comics section features the works of comic luminary Tom Tomorrow, and other independent artists.
Store: In December 2009, the Salon Store was launched in as an e-commerce test. Offerings are focused primarily on videos and books, with planned expansion into food, wines, and eclectic items of interest.
Open Salon: Open Salon provides a smart home for readers work where they can publish and share their work, generate advertising revenue, and potentially have their works be published on Salon.com.
The company has two online communities, The Well and Table Talk, which allow users to discuss Salon content and interact with other users. The Well, a subscription member-only discussion community in which members use their real names to post and members can view the postings, had approximately 2,300 paying subscribers as of March 31, 2010. Table Talk is available to all Internet users.
The company has sales offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
The company competes for advertising with various Web sites with the 50 major companies. These companies have Web sites that include major portals, such as Yahoo; major search engines, such as Google; major social networks, such as Facebook and MySpace; and major online media publications, such as CNN.com. It also competes with traditional news-oriented Web sites, such as CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS. It also competes with sites, such as the Huffington Post, Slate, Mother Jones, Daily Beast, and Politico.
Salon Media Group, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Salon Media Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Salon Media Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Salon Media Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Salon Media Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Salon Media Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SALON MEDIA GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Salon Media Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Salon Media Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Salon Media Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Salon Media Group Inc. History
Salon Media Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Salon Media Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Salon Media Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Salon Media Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Salon Media Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Salon Media Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Salon Media Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Salon Media Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Salon Media Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Salon Media Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Salon Media Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Salon Media Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Salon Media Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Salon Media Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?