- The report contains detailed information about Navarre Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Navarre Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Navarre Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Navarre Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Navarre Corp. business.
About Navarre Corp.
Navarre Corporation engages in the distribution and publication of computer software, home entertainment, and multimedia products and provision of value-added services to third-party publishers.
The company operates through two business segments, Distribution and Publishing.
Through its distribution business, the company distributes computer software, home video, video games, and accessories and provides fee-based 3PL services to North American retailers and their suppliers. Its vendors include Symantec Corporation, Kaspersky Lab, Inc., Roxio (a division of Sonic Solutions), Webroot Software, Inc., Nuance Communications, Inc., McAfee, Inc., Corel Corporation, LucasArts Entertainment Company, and its own publishing business.
The company has distribution relationships with major retailers, including Best Buy, Wal-Mart/Sams Club, Costco Wholesale Corporation, Staples, Office Depot, and Target, and it distributes to approximately 19,000 retail and distribution center locations throughout the United States and Canada.
Through its publishing business, the company owns or licenses various computer software and home video titles, and other related merchandising and broadcasting rights. The companys publishing business packages, brands, markets, and sells directly to retailers, third party distributors, and its distribution business. The companys publishing business consists of Encore Software, Inc. (Encore) and FUNimation Productions, Ltd. (FUNimation).
Encore publishes print, personal productivity, education, family entertainment, and system utilities computer software categories, including titles, such as Print Shop, Print Master, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, Advantage, Diner Dash, H&R Block, Bicycle, and Hoyle PC Gaming products. Encore has a North American licensing agreement with Riverdeep, Inc. (Riverdeep) for the sales and marketing of Riverdeeps interactive products in the print and productivity markets that includes products published under the Broderbund brand. Encore also has licensing agreements with Sony Online Entertainment, Hasbro, H&R Block, and The United States Playing Card Company, Inc.
FUNimation is an anime content provider in North America. FUNimation licenses content from Japanese rights holders, and translates and adapts the content for television programming and home videos, primarily targeting audiences between the ages of 18 and 34. FUNimation licenses and distributes titles, such as Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Kai, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Piece, Afro Samurai, Shin Chan, Claymore, Darker Than Black, Robotech The Shadow Chronicles, Evangelion1.11, Trigun, and Eden of The East. FUNimation also distributes live action films, such as Shinobi, Genghis Khan, RoboGeisha, and Kamui Gaiden.
In 2009, BCI Eclipse Company, LLC (BCI), a former component of its publishing business, completed wind-down of its licensing operations related to budget home video.
The company faces competition from various distributors, including Time-Warner, Ingram Micro, Inc., Ingram Entertainment, Tech Data Corporation, and Activision. Encores competitors include Topics Entertainment, Nova/Avanquest, Valusoft, and Phantom EFX. FUNimations competitors include VIZ Media, Bandai Entertainment, Section 23, Starz, Sony Pictures, Disney, and Media Blasters.
Navarre Corporation was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NAVARRE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NAVARRE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NAVARRE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NAVARRE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NAVARRE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Navarre Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Navarre Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Navarre Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Navarre Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Navarre Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. NAVARRE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NAVARRE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NAVARRE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NAVARRE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NAVARRE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NAVARRE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Navarre Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Navarre Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Navarre Corp. Major Shareholders
Navarre Corp. History
Navarre Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Navarre Corp. Offices and Representations
Navarre Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Navarre Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Navarre Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Navarre Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Navarre Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Navarre Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Navarre Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Navarre Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Navarre Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Navarre Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Navarre Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Navarre Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?