- The report contains detailed information about Liberty Global Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Liberty Global Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Liberty Global Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Liberty Global Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Liberty Global Inc. business.
About Liberty Global Inc.
Liberty Global, Inc. provides video, voice, and broadband Internet services primarily in Europe, Japan, and Chile.
The company offers various broadband services over its cable television systems, including video, broadband Internet and telephony. In select markets, the company also offers video services through direct-to-home (DTH) or through multi-channel multipoint (microwave) distribution system (MMDS). The companys analog video service offerings include basic programming and expanded basic programming. The company tailors both its basic channel line-up and its additional channel offerings to each system according to culture, demographics, programming preferences, and local regulation. Its digital video service offerings include basic and premium programming and incremental product and service offerings, such as enhanced pay-per-view programming, including video-on-demand (VoD) and near-video-on-demand (NVoD), digital video recorders (DVR), and high definition (HD) television services.
The company offers broadband Internet services in all of its broadband communications markets. Its residential subscribers generally access the Internet via cable modems connected to their personal computers at various speeds depending on the tier of service selected. The company offers ultra high-speed Internet services in its European markets with download speeds ranging up to 120 Mbps. As of December 31, 2009, the company also offered ultra high speed services in Japan with download speeds ranging up to 160 Mbps.
The company offers voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) telephony services in its broadband communications markets. In Austria, Belgium, Chile, Hungary, Japan, and the Netherlands, the company also provides circuit-switched telephony services. In select markets, including Australia and Belgium, the company also offers mobile telephony services using third-party networks.
The company operates its broadband distribution businesses in Europe through the UPC Broadband Division of Liberty Global Europe Holding BV (Liberty Global Europe), the parent company of UPC Holding BV (UPC Holding), and through Liberty Global Europes indirect subsidiary, Telenet Group Holding NV (Telenet); and in the Americas through VTR Global Com SA (VTR) and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico Ltd. (Liberty Puerto Rico); and its satellite distribution business in Australia through Austar United Communications Limited (Austar).
The company owns programming networks that provide video programming channels to multi-channel distribution systems owned by it and by third parties. It also represents programming networks owned by others. The companys programming networks distribute their services through various distribution technologies, principally cable television and DTH. Programming services may be delivered to subscribers as part of a video distributors basic package of programming services for a fixed monthly fee, or may be delivered as a premium programming service for an additional monthly charge or on a VoD or pay-per-view basis. The company operates its programming businesses in Europe principally through its subsidiary Chellomedia BV (Chellomedia); and in the Americas principally through its subsidiary Pramer S.C.A. The company also owns joint venture interests in MGM Networks Latin America, LLC, a programming business that serves the Americas, and in XYZ Networks Pty Ltd. (XYZ Networks), a programming business in Australia. Through Chellomedia, the company owns joint venture interests in the following programming businesses: The History Channel BV, a joint venture with A&E Television Networks, serving Spain and Portugal; Dreamia Holding BV, a joint venture with Zon Multimedia, serving Portugal; CBS Chellozone U.K. Channels Partnership, a joint venture with CBS Studios International, serving the United Kingdom; and Lightdragon Limited, a joint venture with Scripps Network International Inc., serving Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Europe Liberty Global Europe
The companys European operations are conducted through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Liberty Global
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Liberty Global Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Liberty Global Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Liberty Global Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Liberty Global Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Liberty Global Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIBERTY GLOBAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Liberty Global Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Liberty Global Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Liberty Global Inc. Major Shareholders
Liberty Global Inc. History
Liberty Global Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Liberty Global Inc. Offices and Representations
Liberty Global Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Liberty Global Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Liberty Global Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Liberty Global Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Liberty Global Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Liberty Global Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Liberty Global Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Liberty Global Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Liberty Global Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Liberty Global Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Liberty Global Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Liberty Global Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?