- The report contains detailed information about Lee Enterprises Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lee Enterprises Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lee Enterprises Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lee Enterprises Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lee Enterprises Inc. business.
About Lee Enterprises Inc.
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated provides local news, information and advertising in primarily midsize markets, with 49 daily newspapers and a joint interest in 4 others, online sites and approximately 300 weekly newspapers and specialty publications in 23 states.
The company owns Pulitzer Inc. (Pulitzer), which published 14 daily newspapers and approximately 100 weekly newspapers and specialty publications. Pulitzer also owned a 50% interest in TNI Partners (TNI).
Pulitzer newspaper operations include St. Louis, Missouri, where its subsidiary, St. Louis Post-Dispatch LLC (PD LLC), publishes the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the only major daily newspaper serving the greater St. Louis metropolitan area and various specialty publications, and operates its related Web sites. St. Louis newspaper operations also include the Suburban Journals of Greater St. Louis, a group of weekly newspapers and niche publications that focus on separate communities within the metropolitan area.
Pulitzer and its subsidiaries and affiliates publish 12 daily newspapers and operate the related Web sites, as well as publish approximately 75 weekly newspapers, shoppers and niche publications that serve markets in the Midwest, Southwest, and West.
The company owns a 50% interest in TNI Partners (TNI), the Tucson, Arizona, newspaper partnership. TNI, acting as agent for the companys subsidiary, Star Publishing Company (Star Publishing), and the owner of the remaining 50%, Citizen Publishing Company (Citizen), a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc., is responsible for printing, delivery, advertising and circulation of the Arizona Daily Star.
In May 2009, Citizen discontinued print publication of the Tucson Citizen.
The company owns 50% of the capital stock of Madison Newspapers, Inc. (MNI) and 17% of the nonvoting common stock of The Capital Times Company (TCT). TCT owns the remaining 50% of the capital stock of MNI. MNI publishes daily and Sunday newspapers, and other publications in Madison, Wisconsin, and other Wisconsin locations, and operates their related online sites. MNI conducts business under the trade name Capital Newspapers. The company has a contract to furnish the editorial and news content for the Wisconsin State Journal, which is published by MNI, and periodically provides other services to MNI.
Retail advertising: The companys retail advertising sells display advertising space in the publication, or for preprinted advertising inserted in the publication, to local accounts or regional and national businesses with local retail operations.
Classified advertising: The companys classified advertising, which includes automotive, real estate for sale or rent, employment and other categories, sells advertising space in the classified section of the publication or from publications consisting primarily of such advertising.
Online advertising: The companys online advertising consists of display, banner, media, directories, classified or other advertising on Web sites associated and integrated with its print publications and on third party affiliated websites, such as Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!).
National advertising: The companys national advertising consists of display advertising space, or for preprinted advertising inserted in the publication, to national accounts.
Niche publications: The companys niche publications are specialty publications, such as lifestyle, business, health or home improvement publications that contain significant amounts of advertising.
Online Advertising and Services
The companys online activities include websites supporting each of its daily newspapers and certain of its other publications. In 2007, the company, in conjunction with various other major publishing organizations, has a strategic alliance with Yahoo!, in which the publishing consortium offers its classified employment advertising customer base the opportunity to also post job listings on Yahoo!s HotJobs national platform. In addition, the consortium and Yahoo! have worked together to provide new search, content and local applications across the newspapers online sites, further improving the value of these sites as a destination for online users. The Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lee Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lee Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lee Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lee Enterprises Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lee Enterprises Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LEE ENTERPRISES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lee Enterprises Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lee Enterprises Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lee Enterprises Inc. Major Shareholders
Lee Enterprises Inc. History
Lee Enterprises Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lee Enterprises Inc. Offices and Representations
Lee Enterprises Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lee Enterprises Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lee Enterprises Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lee Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Lee Enterprises Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lee Enterprises Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lee Enterprises Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lee Enterprises Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lee Enterprises Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lee Enterprises Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lee Enterprises Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lee Enterprises Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?