- The report contains detailed information about Global Sources Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Global Sources Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Global Sources Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Global Sources Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Global Sources Ltd. business.
About Global Sources Ltd.
Global Sources Ltd. operates as a business-to-business (B2B) media company and a facilitator of trade with Greater China. The company provides services that allow global buyers to identify suppliers and products, and enable suppliers to market their products to buyers.
The company's businesses are conducted primarily through Trade Media Limited, its wholly owned subsidiary. Through certain other wholly owned subsidiaries, the company also organizes China Sourcing Fairs exhibitions, conferences and exhibitions on technology related issues, licenses Asian Sources/Global Sources Online and catalog services.
The companys primary business relates to connecting buyers worldwide with suppliers in Asia (with a particular focus on Greater China) and other emerging markets. It also offers a range of media that facilitate selling to Asia (with a particular focus on Greater China). It also offers online and trade show media for the domestic B2B market in China.
The company provides a set of B2B media products and services to stimulate and streamline the marketing and sourcing processes of global trade. It offers an integrated solution to suppliers and buyers engaged in international trade with Greater China. The company provides information to help buyers evaluate various sourcing options. It has presence across various industry sectors, including electronics, fashion accessories, hardware, and gifts.
The company's primary online service is creating and hosting marketing Web sites that present suppliers' product and company information in a searchable manner on global sources online. Its primary online service consists of various industry sector marketplaces, including auto parts & accessories, gifts & premiums, baby & childrens products, hardware & DIY, computer products, home products, electronic components, machinery & industrial, electronics, security products, fashion accessories, sports & leisure, garments & textiles, and telecom products.
The companys major shows are its China Sourcing Fairs which are held in Hong Kong.
The company publishes 13 monthly publications that are circulated to buyers worldwide. Its trade publications come in print and digital formats and contain paid advertisements from suppliers, as well as its independent editorial features, which include market reports and product surveys. In addition to its paid subscription base, the company offers samples of its trade magazines free-of-charge to qualified buyers.
Advertising Creative Services
The company offers its customers advertising and marketing creative services, which assist them in communicating their selling propositions and in executing integrated marketing campaigns across its online services, trade magazines, and trade shows. Account managers and copywriters in the companys customer service centers assist suppliers with creative services, including digital photography of products, translation, copywriting, ad layout, and quality control. Basic media and creative services are included in its media charges.
China Sourcing Reports
The company has approximately 80 different China Sourcing Reports for sale. Each China Sourcing Report provides detailed, product-specific information on suppliers and supply market conditions throughout Greater China that is based on its factory visits, face-to-face interviews, and detailed questionnaires.
Private Supplier Catalogs
The companys private supplier catalogs enable suppliers to enter, manage, update and distribute their product and company data for various online marketing and cataloging applications. It provides tools within the catalog to assist suppliers with creating, updating, and posting content.
Media for Engineers and Executives in Asia
In addition to its primary media, which connect export suppliers in Asia with buyers worldwide, the company provides information to electronics engineers and executives within Asia.
Media for Buyers in China
The company offers china global sources online and two trade shows for this market.
eMedia Asia Limited (eMedia) is a joint venture of which the company owns 60.1% and TechInsights, through UBM Asia B.V., a member of the United Business Media Group owns 39.9%. In 2009, eMedia acquired the eMedia South China Limited.
Global Sources Ltd. was founded in 1970.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Global Sources Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Global Sources Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Global Sources Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Global Sources Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Global Sources Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBAL SOURCES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Global Sources Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Global Sources Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Global Sources Ltd. Major Shareholders
Global Sources Ltd. History
Global Sources Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Global Sources Ltd. Offices and Representations
Global Sources Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Global Sources Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Global Sources Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Global Sources Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Global Sources Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Global Sources Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Global Sources Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Global Sources Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Global Sources Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Global Sources Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Global Sources Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Global Sources Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?