- The report contains detailed information about Fairfax Media Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fairfax Media Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fairfax Media Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fairfax Media Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fairfax Media Ltd. business.
About Fairfax Media Ltd.
John Fairfax Holdings Limited operates as a newspaper publishing group in Australia. The companys publishing business comprises news, information and entertainment publishing and advertising sales in newspaper, magazine and electronic formats.
The companys principal Australian mastheads include: The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review, BRW and The Sun-Herald.
The companys New Zealand mastheads include The Dominion Post, The Press, The Sunday Star-Times, TV Guide, and Cuisine.
The company also publishes regional and community newspapers, financial and consumer magazines, and provides online, interactive and e-commerce services through Fairfax Digital in Australia and stuff.co.nz in New Zealand.
The company operates in two geographic segments, Australia and New Zealand.
Fairfax Business Media
The companys offerings through its Fairfax business media include The Australian Financial Review, The Australian Financial Review, Weekend Edition, AFR Magazine, Boss, afr.com, Business Review Weekly, Personal Investor, Asset, Shares, CFO Australia, MIS Australia, MIS NZ, MIS Asia, and MIS U.K.
Fairfax Regional and Community Newspapers
The companys regional newspapers include The Herald, Weekender, The Post Newcastle and Lake Macquarie, The Hunter Post, Central Coast Sun Weekly, Port Stephens Examiner, Port Stephens Examiner Pink Pages, Illawarra Mercury, The Advertiser Wollongong, The Advertiser Shellharbour, The Warrnambool Standard, Moyne Gazette, and Colac & Corangamite Extra.
The companys community newspapers that are offered in New South Wales include Auburn Review, Bankstown/Canterbury Torch, Cooks River Valley Times, Northern Beaches Weekender, Blacktown City Sun, Fairfield City Champion, Hills News, Liverpool City Champion, Campbelltown Macarthur Advertiser, Camden Advertiser, Hawkesbury Independent, Northern News, Parramatta Sun, Penrith City Star, St Marys Star, St. George & Sutherland Shire Leader, Wollondilly Advertiser, Homes Pictorial (Sydney), Homes Pictorial Cental Coast, xProperty Showcase, and Focus on Property Blue Mountains.
The companys community newspapers that are offered in Victoria include Altona/Laverton Mail, Bacchus Marsh Express Telegraph, Berwick & District Journal, City Weekly, Community News Mooney Valley, Community News Moreland, Emerald Hill Times, Knox Journal, Macedon Ranges Telegraph, Maroondah Journal, Melbourne Times, Melbourne Weekly Bayside, Melton Express Telegraph, Monash Journal, North West Advocate, Packenham Journal, Peninsular Journal, Sunbury Telegraph, The Advocate, The Journal Dandenong, The Mail (Footscray), The Melbourne Weekly, Werribee Banner, Whitehorse Weekender, Williamstown Advertiser, and Yarra Ranges Journal.
Fairfax General Magazines
The companys Fairfax general magazines offerings include Good Weekend, Television, Sunday Life, the (sydney) magazine, theage(melbourne)magazine, Uncorked, Drive, and Fashion.
FAIRFAX NEW ZEALAND LTD
The companys provincial newspapers include Manawatu Standard, Marlborough Express, Nelson Mail, Southland Times, Taranaki Daily News, and Timaru Herald.
National and Online
Its National publications include Sunday Star-Times, Sunday News, Friday Flash, Turf Digest, Best Bets, and New Zealand Truth. Its online publications include Stuff.co.nz and Jobstuff.
The companys community newspaper offerings include Wellingtonian, Hutt News, Kapi-Mana News, Kapiti Observer, Horowhenua Mail, Upper Hutt Leader, Wairarapa News, Christchurch Mail, The Northern Outlook, Central Canterbury News, Central Districts Farmer, Feilding Herald, Rangitikei Mail, The Tribune, Kaikoura Star, Motueka Golden Bay News, The Nelson Leader, The Richmond-Waimea Edition, The Mirror, Clutha Leader, Newslink, Taieri Herald, and Otago Southland Farmer.
The companys community newspaper offerings also include The Bay Chronicle, Central Leader, Auckland City Harbour News, Eastern Courier, East & Bays Courier, Manukau Courier, Papakura Courier, Northern News, North Harbour News, North Shore Times, Norwest Newsbr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fairfax Media Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fairfax Media Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fairfax Media Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fairfax Media Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fairfax Media Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FAIRFAX MEDIA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fairfax Media Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fairfax Media Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fairfax Media Ltd. Major Shareholders
Fairfax Media Ltd. History
Fairfax Media Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fairfax Media Ltd. Offices and Representations
Fairfax Media Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fairfax Media Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fairfax Media Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Fairfax Media Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Fairfax Media Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fairfax Media Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fairfax Media Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fairfax Media Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Fairfax Media Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Fairfax Media Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fairfax Media Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fairfax Media Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?