- The report contains detailed information about Consolidated Media Holdings Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Consolidated Media Holdings Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Consolidated Media Holdings Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Consolidated Media Holdings Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Consolidated Media Holdings Limited business.
About Consolidated Media Holdings Limited
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited, an investment holding company, manages investments in media entities in Australia.
The company has investment sin two pay television companies, including FOXTEL and Premier Media Group (PMG).
The company's has a 25%interest in FOXTEL, a subscription television service provider in Australia. Its partners in FOXTEL are Telstra Corporation Limited (with a 50% interest) and News Corporation Limited (with a 25% interest). As of June 30, 2009, FOXTEL had 1.63 million direct and wholesale subscribers.
FOXTEL has approximately 150 channels covering various genres and include new high definition channels, such as ESPN HD, FOX SPORTS HD (a channel produced by Premier Media Group (PMG)), BBC HD, Discovery HD, and Nat Geo HD, as well as other channels, such as CBeebies, Hits 111, BBC Knowledge, Sky Business News, and A-PAC.
Premier Media Group
The company has a 50% shareholding in PMG, producer of sports subscription television channels, including the FOX SPORTS suite of channels, FUEL TV, and the HOW TO Channel. News Corporation holds the other 50% shareholding in PMG.
PMG produces seven subscription channels, which it provides to the FOXTEL, AUSTAR, and OPTUS platforms. PMG also provides mobile sports content to the major telecommunications companies and online via Foxsports.com.au.
The FOX SPORTS Stats business, a provider of current and historical information on Australian sports, provides statistics to various third party media and publishing group clients. FOX SPORTS delivers subscribers 24 hour, non-stop sports action via four channels. In addition to FOX SPORTS 1, 2, 3, and FOX SPORTS HD, the 24 hour FOX SPORTS News Channel delivers coverage of sports both domestically and overseas. The FOX SPORTS Web site provides a range of long-form video sports content featuring both SANZAR rugby content and selected EPL games. FOX SPORTS also distributes this content to Australian ISP iiNet, which provides on demand FOX SPORTS Super 14 content and live and on demand EPL content to its customers via the iiNet portal.
FUEL TV is a full-time action sports channel in Australia. Its target audience is young males, and it supports four main programming pillars, such as board sports, impact sports, moto sports, and lifestyle programming.
The HOW TO Channel is allocated to giving viewers insight into various things hands on from property management, interior design, gardens, auto, weekend projects, and personal wellbeing.
In August 2009, the company sold its investment in SEEK Limited, a jobs Web site in Australia and New Zealand.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Consolidated Media Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Consolidated Media Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CONSOLIDATED MEDIA HOLDINGS LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Major Shareholders
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited History
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Offices and Representations
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Consolidated Media Holdings Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?